You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

When editing text selecting and hot keying does not work.

No longer works, nothing happens. I have to go in to the tool on the right hand side to change it. Top does NOT make changes either. Cannot change individual line as well.

Lastest version, really on a timeline crunch.

Works here on Mac OS 10.14.6 using an extended Mac Keyboard. I also have it set up in the preferences to use the Apple Defaults and use the subsequent Command + Page up/down for the leading increase/decrease.

On 5/28/2020 at 3:01 PM, soapman said:

Cannot change individual line as well.

Are you trying to change the leading (or spacing between lines) on one line in a paragraph of several lines? That is a Character level change and so is handled in the Character panel.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

I am trying to add leading between lines in a paragraph. Trying to open up the space. i copy pasted all my assets into another document on Aff deigner and it works. idk what happened and why it was not working on the other. i seem to run into alot of "mystery" problems with affinity that i never had with AI especially with  the whole xxx.x px in x/y axis.

any ways im not sure what happened. seems like it was a bug. When i would hit the hot keys the Text menu at the top would flash. maybe thats some sort of indicator.

Did you have your text caret in the text, or did you select all the text. If you have the caret just placed in the text only that paragraph will increase decrease and if it is in a paragraph outside of the view then you won't see anything happening as it is off screen, out of sight. You may have had it at the end of the text in an empty paragraph, meaning one which consists of a paragraph return and nothing else.

The 'flashing' is what happens when you use a keyboard shortcut (hotkey) it shows that something in that menu Text in this case is being executed by a keyboard shortcut. If you hit a keyboard shortcut which doesn't exist you may hear a system beep.

891047563_ScreenShot2020-06-01at3_08_41PM.png.344dd1b610beb5d79cdd7904625dc195.png

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Hello, thanks for the reply i appreciate it. I did not hear a beep. I have been using affinity for over a year now, and i pretty certain on what i was doing was correct.  So it seems like what i was doing was correct since it was flashing but it was just not working.

• 5 weeks later...

running into the issue again. New document. two seperate paragraphs, both have the exact same setting on the right both are very different visually. Not able to change the leading. Just has the "text" menu at the top flash. no way to change the leading it seems now.

44 minutes ago, soapman said:

running into the issue again. New document. two seperate paragraphs, both have the exact same setting on the right both are very different visually. Not able to change the leading. Just has the "text" menu at the top flash. no way to change the leading it seems now.

It would help if you can provide your .afpub file for us to look at.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1