You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Google Font, Bad Text Data

Trying to move previous work over from Pixelmator and other apps to Affinity family. But, my core font for my shop's web site, Google's Roboto Condensed, will not display correctly. When opening the file, I get the error as shown in the attached image and it's related to this font's files. Also attached is an image showing the problem with s & t characters connecting in an odd way. May be other font display issues lurking, but so far this is all I see.

I've tried deleting then reinstalling the font. Does not resolve this issue.

Should point out that this font displays correctly across a lot of programs, on desktop, in Shopify customizing, etc., etc.

Don't exactly want to change my core business font, so wondering what to do. Have having to go back to Pixelmator to create anything for the business.

Any ideas?

Screen Shot 2020-05-28 at 2.51.32 PM.png

Affinity text error.jpg

Great! Thanks for pointing me to that. Odd that all are on by default. Never seen that before in any program I've used from Quark to InDesign, etc. etc. Good to know it was something simple (esoteric though).

Much appreciated MikeW!

You're welcome. 

I haven't loaded up your font being used, but if all you needed to do was shut off standard ligatures, the font is not made technically proper.

The s/t ligature should be in the Discretionary Ligatures section, which should not be on by default. 

But standard ligatures should be on by default according to the specifications. Even though it can be a pita with some fonts.