You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Wrong spread margins on Master pages

I have a problem with margins on master page, here is steps:

1. add a new Master page with facing (like this):

image.png.4051da8f68ab08386608bb10c4f62ed6.pngimage.png.fdaf5c5ed43cc4cb8ddcaea5a13e67b2.png 

2. Right click on new Master page, and check Spread Properties. Go to Margins tab, and see numbers...

image.png.a79cc5b4f331c334f8b4e1439e507ab8.png

Please fix this!

• 2 weeks later...

I am having this issue as well of margins changing.  I set a wider one for inside for the gutter for a book, and the outer/top/bottom smaller and same as each other.

And now, even with the margins set correctly, in a file with 2 page spreads but starting with page one being a single page as I specified to start on right, the spread pages show the wider gutter margin on the outsides.

• 1 year later...
On 6/7/2020 at 9:37 PM, Peter999 said:

I am having this issue as well of margins changing.  I set a wider one for inside for the gutter for a book, and the outer/top/bottom smaller and same as each other.

And now, even with the margins set correctly, in a file with 2 page spreads but starting with page one being a single page as I specified to start on right, the spread pages show the wider gutter margin on the outsides.

Did you ever find out what was happening? I've tried "Align with spine," "don't align with spine," etc etc. I can't find how to fix this. I have inside margins at .52" and outside as .5" and Amazon is telling me I can't publish the book because the inside has to be at least .5" 3 hrs and counting. And, of course, there is no way to get help from Amazon. 

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.