You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

lichen landscape

j3rry

Very impressive @j3rry. I would guess that the Cladonias were around 1cm high.

Why do you think that it was necessary to take 99 images? Your depth of field only encompasses the fore- and middle-ground. I would guess you could have got a good final result with 30 or less images.

If you tell me that you have a motorised rack which does it all for you then I would accept that. You might as well use it!

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

I have used the Olympus EM1 mkii for shooting the stack. The width for each focus step was the smallest (1), that's the reason why I have used 99 steps. With a bigger width maybe I could have a reduced count of steps.  

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, iPad 8, MACOS Sonoma & iPadOS, Affinity V2-Universallizenz 

39 minutes ago, j3rry said:

With a bigger width maybe I could have a reduced count of steps.

The advantage of reducing the number of steps is that it reduces the processing time.

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630