You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

FUTURA FONT ISSUES when PDFing

Hi, I'm new to Affinity Publisher!

But, first impressions are fantastic. For what I do, I actually genuinely prefer it to Indesign. 😀

However, I have ran into an issue, which I'm hoping is a straightforward one to resolve...

So we use FUTURA fonts a lot. It appears fine in the Affinity file (1st image), but when I export to PDF the text does very strange things - see 2nd image.

Does anybody know why?

I've also attached the font settings...

Annotation 2020-04-30 194330.png

Annotation 2020-04-30 194330a.png

Font 1.png

Font 2.png

What were your export settings? Maybe it helps to uncheck the Subset Font feature hidden under the More button in the export dialogue?

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

Thanks for such a quick response guys! 

Joachim, I tried your suggestion, but to no avail.

Gabe, I've uploaded the Publisher file, exported PDF and fonts to Dropbox. Let me know how you get on!

We kind of need these fonts to work as lots of our documents, which are being migrated from Indesign, have the Futura font. It's our font of choice 😬

Having the same problem. With the Bernhard Mod BT font.

Worked around it by converting the fonts to outlines, and then exporting. But this is far from ideal, since the gradient I used, appeared different after converting the text to outlines (from a gradient over 2 lines to 2 gradients, each line 1 gradient). I had to rebuild that first.

Adv_HuangTI_NVA_2005_IL_wrong.pdf

Adv_HuangTI_NVA_2005_IL_outlines.pdf

Adv HuangTI_NVA_2005_IL_outlines.afpub

Adv HuangTI_NVA_2005_IL.afpub

BERNHARDMOD BT ROMAN.TTF

BERNHARDMOD BT BOLD ITALIC.TTF

BERNHARDMOD BT BOLD.TTF

BERNHARDMOD BT ITALIC.TTF