You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

4 hours ago, Jowday said:

I have a feeling the massive discounts are more or less fake, right?

Yes, like the shops that display 70% off.

You have to inject a bit of common sense when looking at these price,  how much it costs, not what you save, is the correct way to look at anything like that, if you still think it’s value for money, you just bought yourself a good app.

From a bang for buck perspective, if you wanted, you can easily get that money back by creating textures, brushes and patterns and then selling them.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

8 hours ago, AITCH said:

cc.png

Trippy.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

1 hour ago, firstdefence said:

Yes, like the shops that display 70% off.

You have to inject a bit of common sense when looking at these price,  how much it costs, not what you save, is the correct way to look at anything like that, if you still think it’s value for money, you just bought yourself a good app.

From a bang for buck perspective, if you wanted, you can easily get that money back by creating textures, brushes and patterns and then selling them.

Common sense, indeed; I perceive it as dishonest. Primitive city market marketing. No matter how great the product is. It is luring customers - their bread and butter - into a purchase. I recognize this strategy, yes but I never buy products from stores or websites who use it. It is for sheeple. 70% off... Join the army, see the world... 

If a company can't convince you that the product has great value for money but has to trick you into a sale... nah. 

I would never, ever want that kind of relationship with my customers. "I lie, you buy." Serif came a long way with an honest and low price.  

• "The user interface is supposed to work for me - I am not supposed to work for the user interface."
  • Computer-, operating system- and software agnostic; I am a result oriented professional. Look for a fanboy somewhere else.
  • “When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger.” ― Confucius
  • Not an Affinity user og forum user anymore. The software continued to disappoint and not deliver.

1 hour ago, Jowday said:

If a company can't convince you that the product has great value for money but has to trick you into a sale... nah. 

I have never thought that I was tricked into buying FF9. I also have never regretted spending more for the Pro edition so I can generate large, high precision, 16 & 32 bit images, bump maps, & so on.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Hi,

I recently purchased a copy of Affinity Photo. I have an older version of Filter Forge (Filter Forge 5) which I cannot seem to get to work with Affinity Photo. Can anyone please let me know if there is a way to get Filter Forge 5 to work with Affinity Photo 1.8.3?

Regards,

Bob

3 hours ago, R C-R said:

I have never thought that I was tricked into buying FF9. I also have never regretted spending more for the Pro edition so I can generate large, high precision, 16 & 32 bit images, bump maps, & so on.

I'd have to agree on that one. The only gripe I have with FF are the lack of tutorials on Youtube. Had it not been for firstdefence coming to the rescue I wouldn't have been able to create my weird 'computer controlled' lettering (cheers again fella)

6 hours ago, wirra said:

Hi,

I recently purchased a copy of Affinity Photo. I have an older version of Filter Forge (Filter Forge 5) which I cannot seem to get to work with Affinity Photo. Can anyone please let me know if there is a way to get Filter Forge 5 to work with Affinity Photo 1.8.3?

Regards,

Bob

I doubt it will work but I’ve asked on the FF forum for you.

10 minutes ago, wirra said:

Thanks firstdefence, much appreciated.

You're welcome

Hi firstdefence, 

I just tried to use Filter Forge 5 again with Affinity Photo and it worked this time. It appears I wasn't using it on a Pixel layer so I guess that was the problem. I'm very new to Affinity Photo and was trying to use the filter on a new document which didn't contain any Pixel layers. 

Sorry to waste your time. For what it is worth, I also have a program called Abstract Curves which also works with Affinity Photo now that I used it on a Pixel layer. 😀

Cheers,

Bob

36 minutes ago, wirra said:

Hi firstdefence, 

I just tried to use Filter Forge 5 again with Affinity Photo and it worked this time. It appears I wasn't using it on a Pixel layer so I guess that was the problem. I'm very new to Affinity Photo and was trying to use the filter on a new document which didn't contain any Pixel layers. 

Sorry to waste your time. For what it is worth, I also have a program called Abstract Curves which also works with Affinity Photo now that I used it on a Pixel layer. 😀

Cheers,

Bob

Thanks for getting back, glad you got it working.

AbstractCurves looks interesting but looks like a windows only option ☹️