You're not the only one, and you'll find other requests for that in the Feature Requests forum.

However, the last time Serif said anything about this, that I saw, they said they have no plans for a video editing application.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 20H2 (19042.685),
   Desktop: 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00GHz, GeForce GTX 970
   Laptop (2021-04-06):  32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz
, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU
Affinity Photo 1.9.2.1035 and 1.9.4.1048 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.9.2.1035 and 1.9.4.1048 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.9.2.1035 and 1.9.2.1024 Beta

Video editing is a specialty in its own right, from both technical and UI perspectives.  There are scads of freeware or cheapware editors with limited functionality and support, but quite OK for home movie makers (and the vast majority of YouTube channels).  There are about a half-dozen good, fully-featured video editors available for very reasonable sums of money which can do full-on multi-camera audio/video production.  Then you get into the US$ 15,000+ per seat software.

It would be astoundingly difficult for Serif, a company without a major background in this application niche, to make a product competitive with BMD Resolve, Lightworks, or Magix (formerly Sony, formerly Sonic Foundry) Vegas, to name just three applications in the second category.  At a time when people are screaming (dare I say whining?) for some fundamental DTP and vector drawing features to be added to the existing Affinity product suite, it seems a bit counterproductive to suggest they start investing another 5-10 years of calendar time to compete in a different marketplace.

1 hour ago, sfriedberg said:

It would be astoundingly difficult for Serif, a company without a major background in this application niche, to make a product competitive with BMD Resolve...

I second BlackMagic's Davinci Resolve - it's free and a workhorse that will get anyone who uses it access to some of the best editing tools on the market. DaVinci Resolve comes in two versions where one is free and the other cost but it's very affordable. See more on: https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/dk/products/davinciresolve/  

6 minutes ago, Sofa Gas Rue said:

Out of curiosity - in what terms are you thinking? Davinci supports just about any assets created in Affinity, as far as I know.

Like Photoshop/Illustrator & Premiere/After Effects or between Affinity apps, round trip editing or native file compatibility.

3 minutes ago, Sofa Gas Rue said:

arhg ok I see. But Davinci supports layered files so it's just a matter of saving it and then relinking in Davinci. easy peasy. 

Yes, that's what I do for now. but I think Blackmagic and Serif is perfect combination to team up for competing with Adobe.

Separate from video editing, if you're looking for an AE alternative...

A real After Effects competitor is now being developed and in open beta, and everyone who is interested should check it out and encourage both developers to make sure the native file formats for Designer and Photo are interoperable with this new app.

https://cavalry.scenegroup.co/

Going to be a modern design, hardware-accelerated from the ground up like Affinity apps. Pricing will be a free version and a sub version (unfortunately), about the same cost as AE or a little cheaper if you pay annually. In any case AE's major flaw is it's performance today, so I plan to use this new app instead, possibly the free version at first and then if the paid features are worth it, the sub. Would rather pay a small developer a sub than pay Adobe for single app license. Less of a clear choice if you pay more to get the suite, or if Adobe drops their single app price well below $20, but at least there will be a choice now.

For those saying Resolve (or Apple Motion) are AE alternatives, they're really not. Only for certain things like design of lower thirds, keying, text animation stuff, etc. Animation and FX wise there's not much comparison, especially if one considers 3rd party plugins. TBD what plugins will be supported in Cavalry but hopefully Red Giant and others will be involved.

• 10 months later...
On 5/27/2020 at 10:06 PM, Sofa Gas Rue said:

You're not the only one, and you'll find other requests for that in the Feature Requests forum.

However, the last time Serif said anything about this, that I saw, they said they have no plans for a video editing application.

Edited by KatherineAlexander

It could surely be nice if Serif would develop it's own video editing software, and even something for 3D-rendering and webdesign..., compatible with its other programs, but for me there are some other things that are more important. For example, I would like to have some sort of fonts management, to be able to install fonts temporarly or even permanent, but not systemwide (what could cause massive problems). In my case on Windows. That would be a verry desirable completion of their already inspirational portfolio, I think.

1 hour ago, iconoclast said:

It could surely be nice if Serif would develop it's own video editing software, and even something for 3D-rendering and webdesign..., compatible with its other programs, but for me there are some other things that are more important. For example, I would like to have some sort of fonts management, to be able to install fonts temporarly or even permanent, but not systemwide (what could cause massive problems). In my case on Windows. That would be a verry desirable completion of their already inspirational portfolio, I think.

Check out https://fontba.se/ an easy-to use and very lightweight font manager for quickly activating and deactivating single fonts or groups of fonts etc. Managing groups for specific projects is really easy this way.

As for other Affinity apps for video, 3D and suchlike—please, no! I'd prefer Serif focusing on the existing apps in regards of adding essential functions and fixing the existing ones.

»A designer's job is to improve the general quality of life. In fact, it's the only reason for our existence.«
Paul Rand (1914-1996)

[DISCLAIMER: Don't wonder about me probably giving the same answer as user R C-R. I blocked his comments, so my reply is not an intentional copied answer as I couldn't see his posts.]

Hi Andy!

Thanks for the hint! Will check it out.

I agree with you. For me, the focus of Affinity is on print oriented grafics - DTP. I don't want them to unnecessarily ruin their promising work by scattering in spreading their portfolio to software of every kind (possibly even games?), so that we finally have to look for other providers again.

21 hours ago, Andy05 said:

Check out https://fontba.se/ an easy-to use and very lightweight font manager for quickly activating and deactivating single fonts or groups of fonts etc. Managing groups for specific projects is really easy this way.

As for other Affinity apps for video, 3D and suchlike—please, no! I'd prefer Serif focusing on the existing apps in regards of adding essential functions and fixing the existing ones.

Hello, I have a question is, can I use and download kinemaster pro apk gamestoremobi for free for PC or is it only supported on smartphones?

Edited by KatherineAlexander
5 hours ago, KatherineAlexander said:

Hello, I have a question is, can I use and download kinemaster pro apk gamestoremobi for free for PC or is it only supported on smartphones?

Try this link https://appsonwindows.com/apk/2952108/. But why this particular app? If I were you, I would download something like movavi. They also have both versions for pc and mobile phones https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.movavi.mobile.movaviclips&hl=en_US&gl=US. The interface is more comfortable. (just my opinion)

Edited by GeezerviserBom