You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity photo freezes and unable to use functions HELP

I have been having this issue for some time, and it's suuuuper frustrating to the point where I am considering other options regretfully as I really love affinity photo.

1. I was working in affinity, mainly using the brush tool doing some tracing.

2. I CTRL+V an image onto the canvas as seen in the screenshot

3. Tried to zoom in using the space + control function and would not zoom in or out properly

4. I then tried selecting the brush tool and for some weird reason, only drew straight lines ?!

This has happened to me at least 5+ times in the last weeks or so, is it a bug ? a known issue ? is there a fix ? I really look forward to your help.

2020-05-26 23_06_56-Affinity Photo.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi Clive185 and Welcome to the Forums,

Are you using a drawing tablet by any chance or just a normal mouse?

Could you clarify what you mean by '3. Tried to zoom in using the space + control function and would not zoom in or out properly.'

Also could you try just try this in the latest beta, as i suspect this will work fine.  You can get the beta from here.  The beta installs alongside the release build and gets its own shortcut.  If you could try the same steps and let us know how that goes, that would be great :)