You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I am having a problem viewing my grid in Affinity Designer.  The grid I am trying to get AD to make is a 1cm grid with 10 subdivisions.  No problem turning on View/Show Grid.  No problem viewing the grid manager to make sure the units are correct, and the colors of the main gridlines and subdivisions are ok.  No problem adjusting the opacity of the grid to an appropriate grid.  No problem turning off the Automatic grid and choosing basic in order to create my own grid.  Artboard size is 25cm x 25cm and there is only one artboard.  In fact, no problem doing any of the things I have done countless times to create, adjust, and view a grid in AD over the last several years.  But no grid now appears.  Documents have been closed.  New ones created.  AD shut down. Computer shut down.  But still no grid can be persuaded to appear.  So I am very open to any suggestions as to what simple thing I have forgotten to do.  Many thanks for all suggestions and help!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Callum,  Thanks for your response.  It turns out the grid doesn't appear if, when you set up a new document, the DPI setting is brought down to zero.  I did this thinking it would decrease the size of the saved document and knowing that I would not be printing the document.  Once I increased the DPI setting (now I leave it as the default 300 dpi), the grid again appeared and responded to all the usual settings in the Grid and Axis Manager dropdown menu.  Thanks for your help.  I am, however, still somewhat confused by the the DPI setting.  I create vector graphics that I don't print but use for rotary carving machines.  So I never need to print at any particular dpi.   All the best,  Rick