You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• 3 weeks later...

I bought Affinity Designer for my iPad some time ago. The program is great. I want to buy this program for working on my desktop in the near future. Then I also need the „Blend Tool“ to switch from Adobe Illustrator to Affinity Designer. This tool was previously available in „FreeHand“ and was just implemented in "Inkscape".So that it is clear which tool I need, I send you two links here:

„Blend Tool“ = „Interpolate“ / Inkscape: https://inkscape.org/doc/tutorials/interpolate/tutorial-interpolate.html

„Blend Tool“ / Illustrator: https://youtu.be/KAx_ZFxvDuE?t=71

Are you planning this tool in Affinity Designer?

6 hours ago, jerom said:

I bought Affinity Designer for my iPad some time ago. The program is great. I want to buy this program for working on my desktop in the near future. Then I also need the „Blend Tool“ to switch from Adobe Illustrator to Affinity Designer. This tool was previously available in „FreeHand“ and was just implemented in "Inkscape".So that it is clear which tool I need, I send you two links here:

„Blend Tool“ = „Interpolate“ / Inkscape: https://inkscape.org/doc/tutorials/interpolate/tutorial-interpolate.html

„Blend Tool“ / Illustrator: https://youtu.be/KAx_ZFxvDuE?t=71

Are you planning this tool in Affinity Designer?

Welcome to the Affinity forums!

Serif will not give a time scale for the introduction of any feature/tool. Even if they do intend to make a blend tool, you have no way of knowing how many decades away it is.

45 minutes ago, Gardenia said:

I wonder why is the blend tool so difficult to implement. Most of us want it. I've been waiting long, but sadly not in designer yet.

The difficulty appears to be that the development team is far too small for timely bug-fixing, never mind additional tools and features that have been requested countless times over the past 5 years.

If I had to guess, I'd say Blend Tool comes with Affinity Designer 2.0.

Advertising designer - Austria —  Photo - Publisher - Designer — CS6 d&wP — Mac Pro 5,1 (4,1 2009) 48GB 2x X5690 - RX580 - 970EVO - OS X 10.14.6 - NEC2690wuxi2 - CD20"—  iPad Pro 12.9" gen1 128 GB - Pencil

5 hours ago, Johannes said:

If I had to guess, I'd say Blend Tool comes with Affinity Designer 2.0.

A lottery ticket

• "The user interface is supposed to work for me - I am not supposed to work for the user interface."
  • Computer-, operating system- and software agnostic; I am a result oriented professional. Look for a fanboy somewhere else.
  • “When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger.” ― Confucius
  • Not an Affinity user og forum user anymore. The software continued to disappoint and not deliver.

• 11 months later...

Some tools can easily be worked around, but Blend isn't one of them.

If you are doing blends, and it can't be faked with gradients, you are SOL using Affinity. 

Given how p**s-slow Illustrator is these days + lack of feature innovation on Adobes part... Affinity could eat their lunch if a few features were completed.

On 6/1/2021 at 10:44 PM, TAH2 said:

Some tools can easily be worked around, but Blend isn't one of them.

If you are doing blends, and it can't be faked with gradients, you are SOL using Affinity. 

Given how p**s-slow Illustrator is these days + lack of feature innovation on Adobes part... Affinity could eat their lunch if a few features were completed.

You apparently don't use AI or you'd know what's been added and also know that adding a few features doesn't make it a AI killer, a ton would.

Marc

ArtByMarc.me

• 1 month later...

I could live with a simplistic blend/morph/tween/interpolate tool that relied on the user selecting two shapes that have exactly the same amount of points, the same kind of points, with nothing weird like doughnut holes or reliance on winding rules. Eg, tween a square into a house shape, one would ensure the square has seven points in suitable places so that it could easily be interpolated.

Then when development time allows, do the bigger magical 'tween everything, works first time every time' feature later.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
58 minutes ago, Boldlinedesign said:

Pick up a copy of Vectorstyler and use it as an add-on feature for Affinity. It has all the features Affinity lacks and copying and pasting vectors between Affinity and Vectorstyler is easy and efficient. Oh, and it has a blend tool already :)
VectorStyler.com

VS is mind blowing Affinity has a nice interface and overall its a smoother experience but it lacks too many features. VS has everything I need and more.

22 hours ago, Boldlinedesign said:

Pick up a copy of Vectorstyler and use it as an add-on feature for Affinity. It has all the features Affinity lacks and copying and pasting vectors between Affinity and Vectorstyler is easy and efficient. Oh, and it has a blend tool already :)
VectorStyler.com

21 hours ago, DGee said:

VS is mind blowing Affinity has a nice interface and overall its a smoother experience but it lacks too many features. VS has everything I need and more.

Thank You guys for the tip. A little competition does no harm. Compared to Affinity the pricing is steep but I read Vectorstyler offers real vector brushes. I'll give it a try.

Advertising designer - Austria —  Photo - Publisher - Designer — CS6 d&wP — Mac Pro 5,1 (4,1 2009) 48GB 2x X5690 - RX580 - 970EVO - OS X 10.14.6 - NEC2690wuxi2 - CD20"—  iPad Pro 12.9" gen1 128 GB - Pencil

@Johannes Vectorstyler has a free 42 day fully functioning trial. There is also a promo sale going on over at this link where it's essentially half-off the 95 dollar normal cost. 

it looks like the sale is going on for 11 days more - so you could always test it out free first and buy it before the promo ends

Compared to Affinity being a little less than half the cost of VS, I can understand your feelings that the price is steep. At this point, I'd happily pay Affinity another 100 dollars to get Designer with all the features and basic tools we've been clamoring for the last few years! lol I don't know if Affinity can survive longterm on 35-55 per app. We'll see. 
Compared to the cost of Adobe for a year... VS is cheap!