You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

AF Photo stripped of all facilities!!!

Whilst trying unsuccessfully to get round the problem of saving to Apple Photos, I have found that Going into AF Photo has presented me with a program devoid of facilities. As you can see from the attached screen shot there is nothing apart from the Menu Bar, and an image. I I have attempted to call up the various Personas with no response and furthermore if I attempt to 'Quit', I am told that I cannot as I have not finished with it. This being impossible to do. Can I force an upgrade via the Apple Apps store, or is there another way to obtain a clean version of AF Photo.

I feel an idiot to have reached this point without knowing how I got here and why.

Roger

Screenshot_2020-05-26_at_11_12_43.png

It looks like you have hit the Tab key which hides the interface. Try hitting it again to bring it back.

Once the UI is back you can then hit Cancel or Develop as you see fit.

macOS 10.15.7  15" Macbook Pro, 2017  |  4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU  |  Radeon Pro 555 2GB GPU + Integrated Intel HD Graphics 630 1.536GB  |  16GB RAM  |  Wacom Intuos4 M

Thank you MarkW. I still feel an idiot but not knowing that Tab key had that effect helps me feel a little better. You learn from your mistakes and judging where I am at the moment, I am going to make a lot more in future. As an aside, how do I get rid of the multi windows I appear to have left lying around?

Again my grateful thanks.

Roger

Sounds like you have the UI in Separated Mode.
In the main Menubar at the top of the screen go to Window > Separated Mode. It’s a toggle, so if it has a “tick” next to it you are in Separated Mode. Clicking it again will bring the UI back into one unified window.

macOS 10.15.7  15" Macbook Pro, 2017  |  4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU  |  Radeon Pro 555 2GB GPU + Integrated Intel HD Graphics 630 1.536GB  |  16GB RAM  |  Wacom Intuos4 M

Mark W thank you TAB worked out but I have not been fair asking for a solution to my 'problem' regarding multi windows. I have attached a screenshot showing the situation. The first time I was aware of a problem was when AF icon just bobbed up and down when I selected it. I then right-clicked>Show all widows, and was presented by a similar display to that in the screenshot. In subsequent visits, some have disappeared and some not. This whilst repeating the same basic commands in AF, but whilst trying various methods of saving to Apple Photos. Hence my worry that this is somehow the cause.

I have decided, somewhat belatedly, to save to an AF document and then if I need to, to Export to Photos.

Roger

Screenshot_2020-05-26_at_15_28_45.png

OK, no worries🙂, it looks like you have closed Affinity Photos window. But not Quit (Close down) Affinity Photo (You can see that AP is still running by the small black dot under it’s icon in the Dock).
All app windows can be closed by clicking on the red traffic-light button (found in the top left corner of any Mac app) or by cmd+W the standard shortcut for closing an app window on Macs.
In general, if an app is incapable of displaying more than one window at a time clicking the red button will also Quit the app. The Affinity apps respect this convention but not all apps do and it can sometimes lead to confusion!
If you want to Quit AP then right click on it’s icon in the Dock and choose Quit.
If you want to continue working with AP then you will need to choose which ever file you want from the file thumbnails at the bottom of your screen.
Or use File > Open Recent…
Or use File > Open (cmd+O) to start editing a new image or existing AP file.
Or File > New (cmd+N) to bring up the New Document window.