You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Symmetry Brush / Layer Center/Pivot point

Hey there,

First of all, i am missing the layer pivot controls from the desktop version on the iPad. The Transform Anchor function doesn't do anything at all?! (at least mine does not)

When i change a layer pivot on my desktop AP, switch to iPad AP and then use the symmetry brush tool, the center of the symmetry is not where it is visualised by the centric / concentric lines but it is mirrored around a non visible (i suppose the set pivot in desktop AP). 

Additionally, why - REALLY - why(!!) can't i use any selection or vector shape etc. with the symmetry tool? The symmetry tool is so nice and powerful but it is lacking on that it is bound to just the brush/eraser, simply bind it to the layer you are working on! PLEASE FIX THIS!! :):):)

Thanks alot and cheerio,

Flo

Edited by TEEWORKS

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hey TEEWORKS,

The center point won't be remembered when you open a file on another machine—or even if you close and then resume the session.

We cannot reproduce the lines mirroring around an invisible point though. Can you screenshot your UI so I can have a better idea? Or even a quick video.

To address your second point, this is the first iteration of this feature and I am confident it will improve in the future.