You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Crash on Save As...

Hello,

Have a few versions of my design, every next one saved as eg  g2, g3, g4, g5 etc.
Today i was working on g5 then g6. When trying to create by SaveAS next one -  g7

AFD just crashes, thats not fair because I just had inspiration time to make g7 version )) ???

Cant save it at all.

Did you make number '7' somehow reserved or what?

cheers,

AF Photo+Designer+Publisher and their betas on Win10 x64/Gtx760+AmdFX+24GB RAM

• Staff

Hi Zbigg,

You posted your question at 9:44pm (on a Bank Holiday in the UK) so there was no one around to respond.

Is this issue issue reproducible for you every time you edit g6? If so could you attach a copy of that file, along with a screen recording showing the steps you're taking to edit and then save? Without this we cannot investigate what may be causing the crash.

16 hours ago, Sean P said:

Hi Zbigg,

You posted your question at 9:44pm (on a Bank Holiday in the UK) so there was no one around to respond.

Is this issue issue reproducible for you every time you edit g6? If so could you attach a copy of that file, along with a screen recording showing the steps you're taking to edit and then save? Without this we cannot investigate what may be causing the crash.

A bank Holiday/the words holy and a bank...;)/? Strange but heard of...;anyway-here you go:

g6.afdesign

cheers,

• Staff

Thanks for the file! It appears as though the Symbol object in the Symbols Panel was likely causing the crash, as I was also getting a crash when trying to delete that. I will pass that on to development to see what they say.

Anyways I created a snapshot of your document, and then created a new document from that snapshot (without the symbols) and that was able to save for me! You should be able to continue working with this document!

g6_resaved.afdesign

9 minutes ago, Sean P said:

Thanks for the file! It appears as though the Symbol object in the Symbols Panel was likely causing the crash, as I was also getting a crash when trying to delete that. I will pass that on to development to see what they say.

Anyways I created a snapshot of your document, and then created a new document from that snapshot (without the symbols) and that was able to save for me! You should be able to continue working with this document!

g6_resaved.afdesign 8.11 MB · 0 downloads

Thank you ,Sean! Thats just I wanted to ask for ))

cheers,

37 minutes ago, Sean P said:

g6_resaved.afdesign 8.11 MB · 0 downloads

Btw. Ive created new topic /move to proper thread pls../ about PATTERNS
and would like to research the subject of dramatical drop down on redraw speed when using such patterns: 

Sort of: image.png.16da6bd15fd768e79ddddd20353aef15.png

cheers,