You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How to make circle shape loop follow the shape of vector line in Affinity Designer?

Hey guys,

I'm making an origami book, I want to make a vector line that show the guide to follow the instruction steps, but I want to make it has circle or other shape with loop instead of just normal bold vector line.

How to I do it in Affinity Designer?

If I want to make an shape different in the loop like 1 triangle shape after 5 circle shape, can I do it?

Please let me know as soon as possible!

I have been download the Affinity Designer trial to make my book, just started using it, still a bit aliens to it!

If you like to help my book, you can help me by fund me at my fundraiser page to buy this app and Affinity Photo to make my book!

Link:

https://life.indiegogo.com/fundraisers/help-chin-to-buy-apps-to-make-his-first-book/x/10397640

Thanks!!!!

Hi Johnny, welcome to the forums.

It sounds to me, that you want to design a brush; using small circles and triangles to differentiate, between valley folds and mountain folds. Am I right?

Don't forget, that you can always sketch your ideas on paper first, then photo/scan it and import it to this thread. This is an artistic forum after all.

HTH

peter

MacBook pro, 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB, OS X 10.11.6

http://www.pinterest.com/peter2111

Hi Johnny, welcome to the forums.

It sounds to me, that you want to design a brush; using small circles and triangles to differentiate, between valley folds and mountain folds. Am I right?

Don't forget, that you can always sketch your ideas on paper first, then photo/scan it and import it to this thread. This is an artistic forum after all.

HTH

peter

Hi Peter!

Thanks for reply, yeah, I take a picture of a origami book I referred to, check out the base circle guide I mentioned.

How to make it in Affinity Designer, or pixelmator if you know too!

And the design have a step number in the circle as well, how to do that, or I just make a number text and move to that circle?

Thanks for helping, I was using Affinity Beta, but it's expired and I can't afford to buy it, this problem have make my origami book making even harder,so I now downloaded Pixelmator trial and Affinity Trial and try to use them for my book making, I hope you can help me by fund some dollar to me, $1, $5 dollar, or higher based on your finance ability, and please help me share my fundraise campaign page as well!

https://life.indiego...book/x/10397640

how to put the image directly on my reply in this forum so I can show the full picture directly?

post-15281-0-16470100-1438592380_thumb.jpg

Thanks Peter for helping!