You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Remove background of a stock vector with Affinity

Dear community,

I'm really desperate. I've been trying to remove a background from a vector for days. In the foreground is fire and that's just what I want to put over my actual project. I was hoping that would work and the background can be solved. However, it is not a separate layer and the square background is integrated in the fire layers.

I am looking for a way to choose the fire without the background.

For example, this photo is here:

https://www.shutterstock.com/de/image-vector/-fire-flames-set-383133061realistic ... whereby this square background is included with many vectors. A normal clipping does not lead to success because the background shines through.

I am totally grateful for every tip.

Edited by Aff. User

If the square background is in the image and grinning through the flames then it is not a vector image but a screenshot (raster image used for promotion, you would need to log into your shutter stock account and purchase/download the vector file if a vector file exists..

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

Thanks for the answers. I directly loaded the vector file again as .eps from my Shutterstock account.

Unfortunately, it is the same picture. There are different layers, but the background is distributed across all layers. I was hoping there is a background layer to turn off.

Unfortunately, the fire cannot be used for me because I cannot get the background resolved. I just need the fire. I was hoping I was doing something wrong. With other Shutterstock vector graphics, I could always hide the background and use the individual elements without a background.

Thanks also for the links. However, I need the fire for a commercial purpose.