You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Expand stroke bug detected

One more bug in "Stroke expand" feature is detected. When expanding a stroke one corner of the expanded stroke is not rounded with the "Corner tool". Everything is clearly shown in the attached video. The solution seems to be the function "Convert to sharp", but again this takes time. Maybe I am doing something wrong? Anybody has faced the same issue?

expand_stroke_bug.gif

6 hours ago, giftedchair said:

One more bug in "Stroke expand" feature is detected. When expanding a stroke one corner of the expanded stroke is not rounded with the "Corner tool". Everything is clearly shown in the attached video. The solution seems to be the function "Convert to sharp", but again this takes time. Maybe I am doing something wrong? Anybody has faced the same issue?

Hi @giftedchair Welcome to the forum and thank you for taking your time! 

Good catch. I can easily reproduce this as well. 

With the BUTT CAP setting you get one round node and three sharp nodes:

image.png.00045e9b1f2e4f6303d7269f8c360939.pngimage.png.0f5230a3e2d35731d44701b1db5c4e17.png   

With the SQUARE CAP setting you get five sharp nodes:

image.png.86ce729a997c159a0d7091dace366aa1.pngimage.png.738629b3f7324d417d707417c449ebcc.png

ROUND CAP seems to expand to the desired and expected nodes and node types.

I did see one other bug report where expand stroke resulted in the look of another cap type than the one that was actually selected. 

• "The user interface is supposed to work for me - I am not supposed to work for the user interface."
  • Computer-, operating system- and software agnostic; I am a result oriented professional. Look for a fanboy somewhere else.
  • “When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger.” ― Confucius
  • Not an Affinity user og forum user anymore. The software continued to disappoint and not deliver.

Yes, I also discovered a problem with the tool. I created a rectangle and triangle and then combined it into an object. After that, I just wanted to round off the top left corner with the tool. But instead of just changing this corner, the top right node was removed and everything was suddenly rounded off. That is a real problem.

• Staff

Hi giftedchair,

Thanks for letting us know. I've reproduced this and will get it passed on to development.

PaRunk,

If you save and reopen your document does the incorrect curve go away? If not does the corner apply correctly if you save and reopen directly after the combine?