You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Creating an action sequence from multi group photos

Hi Fujimo,

Can you explain what you mean? Affinity photo is for editing and manipulation of your pictures.

Allan

About me: Trainer at Apple, Freelance Video Editor, Motion Graphics Artist, Website Designer, Photographer. Yes I like creating things!!!

Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/mystrawberrymonkey/

Twitter: @StrawberryMnky  @imAllanThompson

Web: mystrawberrymonkey.com  Portfolio: behance.net/allanthompson

YouTube: Affinity Designer & Photo Tutorials

Hi Fujimo, welcom to the forums.

Aah, that's better. I have made a picture like this before. So in theory it is possible to do this. It's all about the clipboard, selection tool and layers.

1. Select the first image as your background.
  2. Put the second frame on a new level
  3. Call that frame two
  4. Now here comes the magic...
  5. Select the windsurfer from frame two with a rectangular marque/box, using the selection tool (pixel persona)
  6. Copy that selection
  7. Go back to layer one, where the first frame is, and simply press the paste button from the menu
  8. If that works, then it is just a case then of repeating the same steps.

post-705-0-17128800-1438557359_thumb.png

action picture.afdesign

MacBook pro, 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB, OS X 10.11.6

http://www.pinterest.com/peter2111

You can just stack them all as layers, put a black mask on all but the bottom layer then, with a white paint brush, reveal just the moving figure in each of the upper layers image.  If the images are perfectly aligned (shot off a tripod for example) the painting doesn't need to be that accurate.

• 3 years later...

Hi folks, 

I know this is an old feed but I am after the same thing but can't seem to figure it out. I have tried the above steps but seem to hit a brick wall. Is anyone out there able to give me a more step by step (Idiots guide) approach. 

Thanks in advance again

Mark

On 8/9/2018 at 11:01 PM, Mvdarbs said:

I know this is an old feed but I am after the same thing but can't seem to figure it out. I have tried the above steps but seem to hit a brick wall. Is anyone out there able to give me a more step by step (Idiots guide) approach. 

Mark

Hi Mark

A quick explanation using the windsurfer as an example.

1. Load the background image. This will be the one that you use for the sea and the first step in the sequence.

2. Place the next image in the sequence, (File > Place) and Rasterise the layer (Layer > Rasterise). Don't worry too much about the positioning for now.

3. Make a selection of the surfer using the Selection Brush Tool.

4. Go Select > Refine Edges and clean up around the edges of your selection.

5. In the 'Output' menu, at the bottom of the Refine Edges panel, choose 'New Layer' and click Apply.

6. Place the next image in the sequence, rasterize the layer, extract him, and so on  . . . .

Once all the action steps are in place, you can use the Move Tool and reposition the surfers as you like.

Notes:

Step 5 will leave the original, placed layers intact but hidden, so delete the layers if you want to.

It might be easier to select the sea, rather than the windsurfer (depends on your image) if so, do that and and once selected, go Select > Invert Pixel Selection before Refining the Edges.

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.