You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hey there, 
I am currently having an issue importing IDML files into Affinity Publisher that is bugging me a lot. I have been working on a document for quite some time now in InDesign and want to continue work in Publisher. 
So, I exported the file as IDML and imported it into the Affinity software. My problem is that all font sizes are wrong now. E.g. a text with 11 pt font size which fitted perfectly into its frame in Design will now not fit into the frame at all since the font size is way too big. Am I overseeing a conversion step or something? I would be thankful if you guys could help me out here  :)
Thanks a lot! 

• 10 months later...

I've been having the same problem—fonts in imported IDML files suddenly and randomly shrinking from 11 points to 2.6 points or enlarging to 48 points when I make text changes or move graphics around. What is causing this, and how do I get it to stop?

Welcome to the Affinity forums @RCEANDD!

3 hours ago, RCEANDD said:

fonts in imported IDML files suddenly and randomly shrinking from 11 points to 2.6 points or enlarging to 48 points

A known problem never fixed. You can try to repair this with a) Use Reset Formatting having text or text frame selected (you find this top right on the Text Styles panel) or b) copy all the text into newly created text frames.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

• 1 month later...

I was stuck with this same issue and couldn't find any answers through forms or videos that explained why it was happening. Finally I went under File > Document Setup and saw my DPI was set at 600! Once I moved it back down to 72 DPI my text point converted correctly! Hope this works for you too!