You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Vector brush stroke not responding to pressure curve edits.

When using the vector brush and trying to adjust the pressure curve the stroke doesn't respond. I had the same issue earlier when using Affinity Designer on my iPad. Only after reassigning the brush to the stroke through the Brushes panel was I able to edit the pressure curve.

Please see the attached video for example.

Edit: I forgot to add that the brush was unresponsive to pressure applied while drawing the stroke with a pen tablet.

• Staff

Hi Jeffreydevey,

It's hard to tell from the video, but if the brush you've used doesn't have any Size Variance set (set to 0%) then adjusting the Pressure Curve will have no affect on the brush. If you click the 'Properties' button to the left of the Pressure Profile for the stroke selected, you can then manually up this to what value you would like - this will then cause the Pressure Curve to take effect.  

If you want to do this for more strokes you will be better editing the Source Brush, or saving yourself a copy.

4 hours ago, Sean P said:

Hi Jeffreydevey,

It's hard to tell from the video, but if the brush you've used doesn't have any Size Variance set (set to 0%) then adjusting the Pressure Curve will have no affect on the brush. If you click the 'Properties' button to the left of the Pressure Profile for the stroke selected, you can then manually up this to what value you would like - this will then cause the Pressure Curve to take effect.  

If you want to do this for more strokes you will be better editing the Source Brush, or saving yourself a copy.

Thanks for your reply. Here's another video showing the selected brush and its properties. I had varied the pen pressure on my stylus as I was drawing the stroke, but it had no effect, nor did editing the pressure curve until after reassigning the brush to the stroke via the Brushes menu.

Edit: I should note pressure sensitivity still works for me in Pixel Persona, and the issue only appears to affect the vector brush tool.

• Staff

The controller on the toolbar is set to 'None' instead of Automatic, Brush Defaults or Pressure, so there is no controllers working in conjunction with the tablet - sorry I should have also noticed that in your first video! If you change that to Pressure or Brush Defaults you should be good to go!

8 hours ago, Sean P said:

The controller on the toolbar is set to 'None' instead of Automatic, Brush Defaults or Pressure, so there is no controllers working in conjunction with the tablet - sorry I should have also noticed that in your first video! If you change that to Pressure or Brush Defaults you should be good to go!

Thank you! Sorry I didn't notice that option.