You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I'm setting up a new Wacom tablet to use with Affinity Photo. There is a keyboard short (CTRL + ALT + LMOUSE + RMOUSE) that will let you configure brush size and hardness. Is there a way to incorporate that into my Wacom tablet?  Also, is there a general guide for recommendations about setting up your tablet for AP?

Which Wacom Tablet do you have (model number)?

2 hours ago, DarylGS said:

Also, is there a general guide for recommendations about setting up your tablet for AP?

If you are having problems with something on your Tablet there may be a solution previously proposed for that but there is no general guide

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

Phew, well assuming you are using an Intuos Pro or Cintiq (I am not familiar with their other product lines and driver software - if different) then you will be able to configure application-specific profiles and assign keyboard shortcuts to pen and tablet-buttons. A quick test on my end reveals that it's not possible to assign modifier key+mouseclick combinations this way.

Therefore I think a way to do it might be to use a freeware app called Karabiner that among other things lets you create shortcuts and macros including mouse buttons, map your desired combination onto a keyboard shortcut and assign that in the Wacom prefs. I imagine something like mapping CTRL + ALT + RMOUSE to a button and holding that down while putting the pen down on the tablet, thus invoking LMOUSE should do the trick?

I should point out I haven't tested this myself nor do I use that AP shortcut personally.

Oh and: I was referring to the Mac version. If you are asking about Windows there might be other tools - like Autohotkey - to look into to achieve the same thing.

Yes, you can control brush size and some other brush attributes using the Wacom Pen, see my post here:

And if you are on Windows this other thread may also be of help:

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/114267-unable-to-adjust-brush-size-with-drawing-tablet-pen/

macOS 10.15.7  15" Macbook Pro, 2017  |  4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU  |  Radeon Pro 555 2GB GPU + Integrated Intel HD Graphics 630 1.536GB  |  16GB RAM  |  Wacom Intuos4 M