You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I wasn't sure how to search for this topic... so started a new one.  Pointers to existing topics are welcome!

Is there a way for AP to try out color choices for exterior house painting? I've separated out the main body, trim, garage doors, and front door. Then used the color palette from the paint vendor imported to swatches.  I created a fill layer for a color and made it a child of one of the segments then set the fills blend mode to "color". It "seems" like that should work but not sure I'm getting the correct rendering of the colors.
Suggestions?! Help please!

_HouseRendering.afphoto

This is just for the garage door colours - I did not do anything to the other colours of the house - you will need to check/adjust them later

I added the 5 paint colours to the bottom of the screen as a swatches group just so I could see what I was aiming for.

I then added a black & white adjustment layer to the garage door to neutralise the existing colour and unticked the white fill layer you had

Then I changed all the paint blend modes from "Colour" to "Multiply"

_HouseRendering-b.afphoto

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

With the way the layers are arranged in @carl123's approach, the black & white adjustment also affects the garage door choices, thus eliminating every possible tint that a specific color may have. You can already tell from the "Wolverine" color that the original sample is very slightly tinted towards cyan but entirely loses that tint when it's applied to the garage door front. You need to drag out the Garage Door Choices group from the Garage Doors pixel layer and place it above the doors with a separate mask applied to it in order to retain the color.

That looks like it's working.  What I did with the B&W Adjustment is push the reds and yellows to 200% to wash out the underlying color.

PushToWhite.thumb.JPG.d74d86b08bc473c8021f3b680705b9de.JPG

Then selected a color with the Multiply blend mode.

AddTheColor.thumb.JPG.2bec47e6a1981e19de4915837db40722.JPG

Also created a file with just the colors being considered.  It helps but the monitor colors never do match the paint chip samples we get.  I guess that's just the difference between on screen vs print / paint!

HouseSwatches.thumb.JPG.a13470094bde3bfd7f59078046b84f64.JPG

• 1 month later...