You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

using "save as" crashes Publisher

If you use "save as" and a file with the same filename already exists you get a warning that a file or folder with the same name already exists.

If you choose to overwrite the file the app crashes. Is repeatable and happens with new files too. I am on a MBP running Mojave. Publisher is 1.8.3

It is a known issue, unfortunately continuing in various app updates. It still happens to me, meanwhile in v1.8.3, and also v.1.8.4.651 beta.

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

18 hours ago, Eagerbob said:

If you use "save as" and a file with the same filename already exists you get a warning that a file or folder with the same name already exists.

If you choose to overwrite the file the app crashes. Is repeatable and happens with new files too. I am on a MBP running Mojave. Publisher is 1.8.3

I don't see this happening. Also running OS 10.14.6 and Publisher 1.8.3

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

> I don't see this happening. Also running OS 10.14.6 and Publisher 1.8.3

It seems to happen only when using Separated Mode. (compare the linked thread above)

On 5/24/2020 at 7:19 PM, Eagerbob said:

not sure what separated mode is exactly,

It's quite useful when working with two monitors, to place panels on the smaller screen and having the document window on the other. Then it can also be useful to move the toolbar to a different, custom position, e.g. from top to bottom of its screen.

Note that Separate Mode doesn't necessarily mean you want to have document windows separately. I prefer to merge document windows whenever one gets opened. I just need Separate Mode for the custom arrangement of panels and toolbar.

( It's also good to know that fullscreen mode then enlarges the document window unwanted behind panels & and toolbar, which were custom placed in not-fullscreen around the document window. )

1408648633_separatedmode0.jpg.7220a9faf0c1079c9fdd76fbc23a8c9d.jpg

Smaller, lower screen with panels and system menubar. All document windows get opened there (unfortunately always hidden behind the panels):

538535457_separatedmode1.thumb.jpg.ffd8b2f268a916aaca87ee0328d871eb.jpg

Larger screen for document windows & custom toolbar position:

612996505_separatedmode2.thumb.jpg.674ffde46be643feaa9695f13a0a3aa3.jpg

Ok, that explains it well. I do have a 4K monitor connected, but I close the lid of the MBP so that I have just one big screen. I still have to find my way to around the program and arrange it such that I have everything within easy reach.