Jump to content

Recommended Posts

So, I’ve been working on an old family photo restore. Removing a ton of white spots on the surface. Doing so I messed up one of the eyes. I spent hours touching up since. Is there a way to undo all the work I did on Just that eye, so I can try again? Is there a tutorial on it?

 Thanks,

            Jim

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Depending on how you initially opened the image APhoto may have made an initial snapshot for you.

Go to the snapshot panel and restore that snapshot to see if it restores the original image. If so, you can copy the eye portion from it into your current image and reprocess it accordingly

 


Due to the fact that Boris Johnson is now our Prime Minister, punctuation, spelling and grammar will never be worried about ever again.  We now have far bigger problems to be worried about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, carl123 said:

Depending on how you initially opened the image APhoto may have made an initial snapshot for you.

Go to the snapshot panel and restore that snapshot to see if it restores the original image. If so, you can copy the eye portion from it into your current image and reprocess it accordingly

 

Wow, I just checked and this works even if I save and close and then reopen the document. Of course you are right back at the beginning but as you point out Jim should be able to copy the eye(s) from the beginning.


MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012) Mac OS 10.12.6 || Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 10.14.5

Affinity Designer 1.8.3 | Affinity Photo 1.8.3 | Affinity Publisher 1.8.3 | Affinity Designer Beta 1.8.3.2 | Affinity Photo Beta 1.8.3.180 | Affinity Publisher Beta 1.8.3.651

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For another alternative, I think it might be possible to use the Undo Brush, select an early point in the History panel where the eye was still good, and brush over the eye to restore it.


-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1909 (183623.476),
   Desktop: 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00GHz, GeForce GTX 970
   Laptop:  8GB memory, Intel Core i7-3625QM @ 2.30GHz, Intel HD Graphics 4000 or NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M
Affinity Photo 1.8.3.641 and 1.8.4.650 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.8.3.641 and 1.8.4.650 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.8.3.641 and 1.8.4.651 Beta.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

For another alternative, I think it might be possible to use the Undo Brush, select an early point in the History panel where the eye was still good, and brush over the eye to restore it.

Would that history part be added as another layer to copy or clone?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Styxer08 said:

Would that history part be added as another layer to copy or clone?

You could add another pixel layer first, if you wanted to. Then the changes would be applied to it.


-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1909 (183623.476),
   Desktop: 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00GHz, GeForce GTX 970
   Laptop:  8GB memory, Intel Core i7-3625QM @ 2.30GHz, Intel HD Graphics 4000 or NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M
Affinity Photo 1.8.3.641 and 1.8.4.650 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.8.3.641 and 1.8.4.650 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.8.3.641 and 1.8.4.651 Beta.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Styxer08 said:

Would that history part be added as another layer to copy or clone?

You can paint with the Undo Brush into any Pixel layer, so add a new empty one to your document before beginning to paint if you wish to work non-destructively. The source for the brush is the document composite as it was at the chosen step in History or a chosen Snapshot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, anon2 said:

You can paint with the Undo Brush into any Pixel layer, so add a new empty one to your document before beginning to paint if you wish to work non-destructively. The source for the brush is the document composite as it was at the chosen step in History or a chosen Snapshot.

Looking at it. With the spots back on. The gouge look in his eye was there.  Not me messing it up. Thanks for all the help! I don’t usually mess with restorations. Or layers.  Usually colors for my camera shots. Thanks for all the help!

E5DF5258-721B-4F9A-A9BA-EAD87C8E081C.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Please note the Annual Company Closure section in the Terms of Use. These are the Terms of Use you will be asked to agree to if you join the forum. | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.