You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How to Change Black Color Object to Any Color in AF

Hi,

I would like to know if there is an equivalent in AF? I really do apologize once again fo linking PS tutorials here, but in some cases I cant explain better what I mean?

Thanks a lot in advanced.

Regards,

Kruna

You can use the Recolour Adjustment Layer. You may need to make a selection first if the image doesn't have  an alpha channel (for a transparent background instead of a white background)

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Hello Bruce,

thanks a lot for you answer. Unfortunatly my skills are very low. I just started in AF as I want to move completely from PS to AF. Even there my skills are very limited. I dont know where to find the recolor adjustment layer and I have no clue about alpha channel. Is there maybe a tutorial in AF I could watch?

ty

Alpha channels are just the 'clear' parts of pictures that are square but only have pixels with colour in the middle of the square, don't worry too much right now.

1061405388_ScreenShot2020-05-23at7_24_23AM.png.31155d2bc361d0f244a0f8f3885c9caf.png         730605481_ScreenShot2020-05-23at7_24_12AM.png.a8a4209c7bcd16a2aad07b1eef1118c4.png

The Adjustments are in the layers Menu or at the bottom of the Layers panel

1698039903_ScreenShot2020-05-23at7_15_53AM.png.6e3c5c9165c884e5e5ddfa2ebb72226c.png

1265199527_ScreenShot2020-05-23at7_16_13AM.png.8f5676c52f726a195c1bf44f218c02ab.png 

Click on the circle to see the list.

Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

Forgot to include Boris.

Boris.afphoto

Turn the recolour layers on and off by checking the box in the layers panel, double click on the little icon to see the way you can change the colours.

34 minutes ago, Kruna said:

Is there maybe a tutorial in AF I could watch?

There is a list of official tutorials here

https://affinity.serif.com/en-gb/tutorials/photo/desktop/

If you were to do a DuckDuckGo or Bing or Google search for "affinity photo recolor layer tutorials" you'll get lots of choices.

OMG and holy Sh...its not your fault at all, sorry, but I really have a heavy arachnophobia!! In all honor to Boris, but I cant look at your file any second longer, pls excuse me!

Anyway somehow it doesnt work. I have an image and I need to select an object, which is grey/black and I need to change in color. In Photoshop according to the tutorial it works great and when I open the file in AF it works great too. But I cant accomplish 'almost' the same procedure in AF. I am missing the colour range where I can pick the grey/black colors from the iPhone, so that it can be colored.

Here is a screen grab of a screen shot from your movie

Here is the file Screen Shot.afphoto  The recolour is the better way to go, I included a fill layer where you can change the colour but in my opinion it is not as good for colouring.

Wow, thank you!! Thats great help! I will practice on that.

Excuse me, if I ask you, but would you mind to show the better way? I dont know if its asked too much as I have no idea concerning time and effort, so I wouldnt like to overstrain.

Sorry I wasn't clear, the better way is to use the Recolour Layer as demonstrated in the video, you just have to make the mask so other stuff doesn't get coloured.