You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

pressure opacity control please

adding  pressure opacity control, this will make working with affinity photo way easier. i tries messing with the accumulation and flow control but it doesn't give me the affect i want.

making accumulation pressure control is not ideal since with low pressure because the accumulation is low i can see clear circles from the brush (doesn't blend well) especially with soft brushes (very critical for my work).

setting flow to pressure control will give similar affect to opacity control, but it isn't opacity control. coming from Photoshop i switch between opacity control brushes and opacity and flow control brushes so i know that there is a  clear difference between them. and the  fact that i cant use opacity and flow control brushes is slowing my workflow which make using this app very hard for me. in addition setting flow control to pressure sensitivity means that when i want to go back with the brush in the same stroke on something that i coloured (photo editing) the colour gets darker, that is not what i want from an opacity brush, i want to get an even colour.

also a welcome addition is more control over the hardness. when setting a brush at 0% hardness you don't get a soft brush like Photoshop and other softwares, the 0% hardness brush in AF the transition/blending between the brush and the background is too sharp (it is more like a glow affect). it would be nice if i can control the transition so i can make it look more soft without playing with flow control, because as i said Earler setting flow control to pressure sensitivity means that when i want to go back with the brush in the same stroke the colour gets darker.

• 2 months later...

A related request but a similar idea.  Adding it here rather than starting a new topic.

When the <L mouse>/<tablet pen> is clicked/tapped (whilst holding down the appropriate mouse/modfiier keys), different brush parameters can be selected - size/hardness, spacing/shape, rotation. This is great but I would like see a 4th set added for altering flow/opacity (in the same way perhaps - horizontal/vertical movements - as size/hardness) so that I don't have to keep changing position and fiddling with the sliders.

Any thoughts anyone?