You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

AD - "Cursor" type objects for mockups?

I have always been a Fireworks user and when creating web prototypes and mockups, I like to use cursors to show mouseover states etc. See attachment as an example

In Fireworks I could drag and drop "smart objects" onto my canvas and this is what I'd use to quickly add a cursor to my mockup. 

Is there anything similar in AD? I can't seem to find anything so I assume not. Is there some sort of alternative/workaround/best practice? 

I suppose I could create a PNG with a transparent BG and load the image whenever I wanted to - just wondered if there was something inside AD I might be missing

Apologies for the stupid question. Cheers guys!

post-16096-0-56582800-1438359994_thumb.png

• Staff

Hi Mattbwm,

There is nothing in the program that can be used too add a cursor other than adding a picture as you have mentioned. However on the Road Map under usability it mentions media browser for shapes and objects. This could allow you to add a picture of a cursor into the program and store it for later use.

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

Thank you Callum - thought as much. I'm new to the program. Trial expired today and just purchased.  :)

Hi Mattbwm,

There is nothing in the program that can be used too add a cursor other than adding a picture as you have mentioned. However on the Road Map under usability it mentions media browser for shapes and objects. This could allow you to add a picture of a cursor into the program and store it for later use.

C