You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Jack Tutorial: Wanted Poster/Wild West Poster

Howdee,

ich habe ein neues YouTube-Tutorial hochgeladen.

Ich erstelle ein Fahndungsplakat im Wilden Westen-Stil.

Das gleiche Video habe ich auch schon mit Pixelmator gemacht, so dass man sich hier ganz gut ein Bild von den unterschiedlichen Funktionen machen kann. Also besonders interessant für Umsteiger.

Viel Spaß beim Ansehen.

Yeahaaa!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qUo-yJWweE

post-14632-0-12800500-1439749998_thumb.jpg

Affinity Jack

Video-Tutorials on YouTube in German with English Subtitles

Link to my YouTube-Channel: AFFINITY JACK

Author in the team of www.affinitytutorials.de, the website all about Affinity Photo & Affinity Designer

Hi Jack,

Regarding making the selection of the Rhino, have you tried to click and hold on the Marquee tool icon? You can than select the Freehand Selection Tool (and use it in Add mode). However, unlike in Pixelmator you have to kind of paint the selection (click and drag along the borders of the area you want to select) to combine the horn and legs with the rectangle from the screen. It's a different way of working (when compared to PXM) but not necessarily better or worse.

Affinity Photo - Affinity Designer - Affinity Publisher | macOS Sonoma (14.2) on 16GB MBP14 2021 with 2.4 versions

Hi RNKLN,

Thank you!

Meanwhile I got another tip:

Everytime when I use the pen tool, there will be created a new layer "curves". I don't click "selection" but I fill it with any color.

So I can create many layers "curves" and group all the layers together.

With "cmd & click" I have the selection.

A little bit tricky, but it works....

Greetings from Berlin

Affinity Jack

Author in the team of www.affinitytutorials.de, the website all about Affinity Photo & Affinity Designer

Well, as you may have noticed i replied to the wrong thread (happened because, in YouTube, i went straight from the Pixelmator video to the Affinity Photo video while i had this discussion open), but it was all about the one with the Rhinoceros/Nashorn.

In this type of software there appear to be many ways to come to the same end result. I believe this is even more true for AP than for PXM. Looks like AP is more for the power user while PXM is for the rest of us. Nothing wrong with that and i like them both. Of course, there's the learning curve for this brand new piece of software but that's also a learning opportunity.

Affinity Photo - Affinity Designer - Affinity Publisher | macOS Sonoma (14.2) on 16GB MBP14 2021 with 2.4 versions

Yes, I noticed that you mean another topic. No problem.

And yes, I like both softwares.

I think so far:

Pixelmator is easier, when you will use some of the gorgeous effects. Lighting, sepia pixelate etc.

Affinity Photo is better when you want more possibilities. 

Affinity Jack

Hello,

for all "non-german-understanding"...

I try my next video with English Subtitles.

difficult, difficult  :huh:

Ciao

Jack

Affinity Jack