You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Unwanted embeding of color profile

This one is critical bug.

All elements that are rasterized during export to pdf (with the option "rasterise: unsupported properties" checked) have an ICC profile attached, despite the option "embed profiles" being unchecked.

I have not found a workaround for this problem, except for editing the objects affected.

EDIT: I'll also add that the same bug affects embedded external files.

124393200_Zrzutekranu2020-05-2211_36_31.png.4df7f121bc41d39c19b4174c90e997a3.png

Can you give info about the used vs. the wanted and unwanted profiles? What color space (~what profile) are the resources where you notice an embedded profile in your CMYK export? How do you notice their profile being embedded? In your setting you don't have "Convert..." checked, so, what do you expect to happen with resources which have a different profile than your CMYK document profile? Note that each resource has a color space which may be different from the one you selected as export profile for the PDF. With your setting e.g. an RGB image will maintain its RGB color space in the PDF.

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

32 minutes ago, thomaso said:

Can you give info about the used vs. the wanted and unwanted profiles? What color space (~what profile) are the resources where you notice an embedded profile in your CMYK export? How do you notice their profile being embedded? In your setting you don't have "Convert..." checked, so, what do you expect to happen with resources which have a different profile than your CMYK document profile? Note that each resource has a color space which may be different from the one you selected as export profile for the PDF. With your setting e.g. an RGB image will maintain its RGB color space in the PDF.

A lot of questions. I recorded a videos of how to reproduce the bug:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kujfs3z8k1b7mz3/1.mp4?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qleysoonr7pt34i/2.mp4?dl=0

As far I understand all is fine excepted for the green shape object, right?
The green gets treated different than the red item, which is rasterized because of the involved blend mode (compare ~ adjustments and effects in PDF exports)

When inspecting the PDF in Acrobat: Set the Simulation Profile according to your PDF, since it influences the inspection. So, instead using "U.S. Web Coated" select your "Munken" profile in this menu and possibly report again what you get.

1787148388_pdfacrobatinspectingprofile2.jpg.13c7357b52ca3dd876e0c68060d3b1f9.jpg

Note you also can upload video to the forum by clicking the "choose files..." link below your text area.

I am not sure whether it is related (or will be fixed anyway with the issue mentioned above) but I wonder why the sRGB profile is mentioned for this PDF at all. Both color spaces, document + export, are CMYK, so I would not expect sRGB to be involved, in particular not for CMYK objects:

v651 pdf1.7.pdf

1122789843_pdfexportprofilescolor.thumb.jpg.5f15e31f7d3cb844ac0bb8f2422180bc.jpg

Also I am confused by the RGB image appearance when this .afpub gets exported as grayscale with a grayscale profile. Here grayscale seems to work for all objects (rgb, cmyk, blend modes) except the RGB image.

v651 pdf1.7 grayscale.pdf

1055525055_pdfexportprofilesgrayscale.thumb.jpg.c3bdcac08469ec59e73a8a0f32218d9d.jpg

Of cause.   

v651 export & profiles.afpub

I added two more samples with blend mode "Difference", because this would result differently in RGB vs. CMYK. But the results confuse me even more: compare the 2 views in APub (rgb vs cmyk doc space) ...

1897167997_RGBafpub-differenceblendmode.jpg.cbb210db3b57da52d1fdec176aea23d3.jpg

1773662489_CMYKafpub-differenceblendmode.jpg.ef7a81534ce79ece15f52ff0413b4742.jpg

... and the different views for the CMYK PDF in Acrobat, which shows different appearance for this blend mode when I activate the object inspector.
However, the sRGB profile for "Mischfarbraum" (~ mixing color space) still is shown in this pdf, too.

v651 pdf1.7 cmyk & difference.pdf

1331562230_acrobatnormalview.jpg.cb9cdbd84b535173fc56a5efc7d3498d.jpg

1340030820_acrobatinspectview.thumb.jpg.ce39e8b82c21bb91741f02e26af9881d.jpg

I wonder whether my old Acrobat v10.1.16 (2012) is reporting correctly?
Do you get the same with yours (probably in a younger version)?