You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Limitations on Free Trial Versions???

• 4 years later...
1 hour ago, dcgall said:

I'm using the Windows trial and finding that updates I make in a file are not reflected when I open that file in the iOS app.  Is that a bug or a limitation to the trial?

There are no limitations imposed by the trial version.

But it's possible that you're doing something incorrectly, rather than there being a bug. Can you explain what kind of updates you're making, and what kind of file you're dealing with, and how you're moving it from Windows to iOS?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• 4 months later...

I downloaded the trial about 6 days ago and have used the healing brush tool once, but can't access the different brushes to use it now.  I am using an iMac ios 10.14.6.  Is this tool limited to one use in the trial or is there another reason I can't use it?  Many thanks, Tony.

• 9 months later...

I'm using all tree trial versions from today, and seems I can only save with the file extension "Affinity". How do I save a photo in another format, eg a Jpg,  bitmap, svg?

Am I able to use the same license on my PC and laptop?

Lastly. The 50% offer is on at the moment, will it be still available at the end of the evaluation period or when is it due to end?

Regards M

Welcome to the Serif Affinity Forums, @CNC. :)

The ‘Save’ command is only for saving native *.af* files. For standard image file formats, choose ‘Export’.

The licence is per platform, so if you have a Windows PC and a Windows laptop you only need one licence. If you have an iMac and a MacBook you again only need one licence, but if you have an iMac and a Windows laptop (or a Windows PC and a MacBook) you need a separate licence for each one.

The 50% offer is independent of the trial length, so there is no guarantee that it will still be available at the end of the trial period.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• 4 months later...

Just downloaded Affinity Designer 1.9.2.1 

I was following a tutorial on using APPEARANCE to create multiple Strokes, however the "Add Stroke" toggle is greyed out.

Is this a limitation of the trial version?

I've tried rebooting, but alas... no additional strokes allowed.

Only one stroke on Text, that is a limitation. You can covert the text to curves and have at it that way.

11 minutes ago, Fizzixman said:

I was following a tutorial on using APPEARANCE to create multiple Strokes, however the "Add Stroke" toggle is greyed out.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

41 minutes ago, Old Bruce said:

Only one stroke on Text, that is a limitation

But not, specifically, a limit in the Trial version. It's a general limit.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1