You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How to make my line of my painting fully horizontal/vertical?

Hi,

I have put one of my painting above one of my frame and resized it to fit into the frame. I like having a white area between the painting and the frame. The problem is that, as my paintings are not exactly straight lines, then, in the attached example, you can see that the white line in the bottom left is smaller than the white line in the bottom right. If I use the move tool and turn a bit, then my line blew is fine but it is my line above which get a similar issue! Note: I can't use crop as crop would allow me to get a straight line but would also delete a piece of my painting on the bottom left.

As this looks not nice/not professional, could somebody explain me how I could make a change to my painting (without deleting a piece of it) in order that I reach the same white border horizontally and vertically? (ex: a way to move the bottom right of my painting a bit higher even if there would be a small -not visible distortion).

Thanks in advance for your support. (As being a beginner -who started using Affinity only few days ago, please, provide clear step by steps )

Regards,

Greg. 

2019-02-26_It's_my_life-Black_frame-TEST.jpg

You could use the Mesh Warp Tool and just move the 4 default corner nodes to true it up a bit.
I would only add that if the images are originally hand painted and these "framed" ones are going to be used for sales purposes then I would be inclined to leave the image undistorted so as to give a truer representation of what a customer would receive.

macOS 10.15.7  15" Macbook Pro, 2017  |  4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU  |  Radeon Pro 555 2GB GPU + Integrated Intel HD Graphics 630 1.536GB  |  16GB RAM  |  Wacom Intuos4 M

Are the white borders part of your painting or are they part of the image? The answer to this would inform any advice that we might give, especially if you want a detailed, step-by-step explanation.

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

Hi,

I have scanned a painting having a white border with its black frame and a black passe-partout. Then, I am putting a new painting (not having any white border) on top of it as I am trying to show to people what the painting could look like once framed. The problem is that the new paintings are not always straight which means that the white border is sometimes smaller on one side compared to the other side. I have used the Mesh Warp tool as explained above and I am happy with it. The distortion is so small that it is invisible.

But happy to learn about other potentially better options :)

Cheers,

Greg.