robbieejon3s

Affinity Designer is incredibly slow on top of the line new macbook pro

I just downloaded Affinity Designer and I'm kindve shocked by how slow it's acting. Everything from zooming in and out to dragging the artboard to moving small pngs. Everything chugs. I have a brand new 2015 top of the line Macbook Pro. This can't possibly be normal behavior. Help.

I just downloaded Affinity Designer and I'm kindve shocked by how slow it's acting. Everything from zooming in and out to dragging the artboard to moving small pngs. Everything chugs. I have a brand new 2015 top of the line Macbook Pro. This can't possibly be normal behavior. Help.

This isn't normal behaviour. What version of OS X are you running and do you have any other applications running at the same time.

Also, are you running the App Store version, Trial or Beta?

How much Memory RAM do you have? are you using a SSD HD, a SATA?

Are you using a mouse, what kind, Windows PC Mouse? etc, may reasons for that, and it is unusual as Top Cat pointed out.

robbieejon3s, I hope you find the fix.

It is very fast on my 2015 Macbook Air.

My girlfriend was impressed with Designer's speed on my old Early 2008 Macbook Pro...

Check whether spotlight is indexing your Mac. This could slow down everything.

You will sort this out!

mfsignature.jpg