You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer Customer Beta (1.3.1.26820)

• Staff

Purpose: Features / Improvements / Fixes 

Requirements: Purchased Affinity Designer

Mac App Store: Not Submitted

Download: Here

To use this beta, simply download the file from the link given above and double-click on the file to open the installer. Follow the instructions to install the beta version. The beta sits alongside the Mac App Store version and will not interfere with it.

- Fix for users running OS X 10.11 El Capitan Beta.

- Improvements to vector export - particularly when converting colour formats.

- Only show items in Export Persona which will be visible in the export.

- Print what is shown in the view (i.e. do not honour exportability settings when printing, unless in Export Persona at the time)

- Added ability to zoom to 100% by double-clicking the Zoom Tool's icon or 'Zoom to Fit' by double-clicking the View Tool

- Zoom Tool now zooms in/out during mouse drag about the drag start location. Zooming to a rectangle is still available by holding Alt/Option

- Improved PNG import

- Path Text baseline improvements

Awesome … thanks, Matt and everyone in the team! Have a nice weekend …  :)

P.S. Since you are preparing the app store update and I don’t know if that’s already noted, let me just add, that the German localisation for the new (pretty cool) zoom function is incomplete (bottom help text) …

post-1198-0-03582500-1438413745_thumb.png

Bonsoir,

Il n'y a que moi en Francais?

Non je rigole bravo pour les deux programmes qui ne marchent plus sous el capitan mais qui sont tout de meme de super programme et un suivit sérieux. Merci à vous tous une chose rajouter juste une gestion de tons direct et de mon coté finit Illustrator.

Bravo et merci

Same comment as I had for AP Beta: seeing a lower version beta than what is already current (1.3.2) is highly unsettling for me! That´s saying nothing about appreciation for both products of course: I didn't purchase them for no reason.

Hi,

I have been having a play around with the type in the latest Beta version and I don't know if this is a bug or not, but when you select the font Zapf Dingbats from the font menu and type some characters, it doesn't appear on the document page, the characters being replaced by oblong squares, this font is a TruType version.

I was adding a blob (lower case l) to the beginning of the text to replace the font's blob (alt 8 •)

I created the same text in Illustrator and saved it as a pdf which, if you open it in Affinity Designer renders the font correctly.

Further investigations revealed that the Adobe PostScript version (ITC Zapf Dingbats) shows up in the font menu and renders properly.

Does using a font manages make any difference, I'm using Suitcase Fusion 6 on

This is only a minor glitch, overall the app is great, even quickly added a radial fill to the Zapf Dingbats blob at the beginning of a run of text.

The more I use the more I like about it, just a few more Pro additions like bleed and Crop marks. Also I can't wait for the Publisher beta! Just want to get rid of Adobe CC!

Many years ago, I used to use Artworks on an Acorn RiscPC, and was one of the beta testers, Affinity reminds me of some of the things you could do easily which were ahead of what Illustrator could do at that time.

Steve.

- Added ability to zoom to 100% by double-clicking the Zoom Tool's icon

How can you not love those Affinity guys.. This is what I was looking for...

Next, the ability to resize the layer thumbnails. I always like it if you can make them a little bigger.

Hardware
 Mac mini (late-2014), 2.6GHz, 16GB RAM, Intel Iris 5100 Graphics  iPad Air 16GB White

Software I love, and you should get :wink:
Affinity Desinger - Affinity Photo - Sketch - Coda - CodeKit - iA Writer - Dropbox - 1Password

- Zoom Tool now zooms in/out during mouse drag about the drag start location. Zooming to a rectangle is still available by holding Alt/Option

Not sure what this means?

Can’t seem to get anything new going on. Does this work with a Wacom?

UI Designer, CG Artist

Macbook Pro 15" 2014

2.5 Ghz, 750M

https://www.behance.net/VladMafteiuScai

Hello,

I have downloaded the dmg file from top of the page several times, but Affinity Designer still don´t work on El Capitan Beta.

Somewhere in this Forum I have read that there should be a Update in Appstore too a few days ago but my Appstore don´t show Affinity Designer for Update :(Help please. I have to fix a project by today and I can´t work on it  :(

Sorry for my bad English  :ph34r:

Greetz Mimi

Ok. Not sure why it doesn’t work with something like Cmd + Alt like in AI/PS.

Using Wacom.

And also a very nasty bug:

1. Open AD

2. Make a rectangle and drag to define size.

3. While dragging to define also press Alt + Space to zoom and click right away.

4. The eye dropper loop appears and gets stuck and the cursor disappears and I can’t do anything anymore?????  :mellow:  :blink:  :wacko:  :o

UI Designer, CG Artist

Macbook Pro 15" 2014

2.5 Ghz, 750M

https://www.behance.net/VladMafteiuScai

• Staff

@00Ghz - hmmm, that doesn't sound very good... I'll look at all of this today and try to sort out whatever is going on

@mimi1911 - If you've downloaded and are running the Affinity Designer Beta available from the first page of this thread then it will include the fix for OS X El Capitan Beta. There is no App Store update to fix the issue and there will not be until we have submitted this beta and it has been approved - which we can only do when the beta is fully tested.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.