You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Scrollbar not displayed from the Brushes Panel on MacOS

On the Brushes panel (Designer and Photo), the scrollbar is not displayed by default.

When you use a Wacom stylus you can't scroll inside the panel to select the desired brush. I have to use the mouse in the Brushes panel to display the scrollbar.

The current fix I found to display the scrollbar is the activation of the scrollbar on the general settings of macOS but it's for everything on my computer and I would like to avoid that.

scrollbar displayed.png

scrollbar not displayed.png

On 5/20/2020 at 1:50 PM, madPXL said:

When you use a Wacom stylus you can't scroll inside the panel to select the desired brush. I have to use the mouse in the Brushes panel to display the scrollbar.

Not so much display but actually scroll. I have always set up my OS System Preferences to always show the scroll bars so I never noticed this before. I have a Wacom with the touch feature so it is just a quick shift with my hand and fingers to use the two fingers to scroll.

Not having the scroll bars optional I don't know if this is an Affinity problem or a Wacom and or Apple problem. How do you scroll in other applications when using the pen? 

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

It depends, I use the arrow keys from the keyboard when I'm on safari/chrome or I'm using the mouse instead. Wacom touch functionality is not great for me so all my touch features, buttons and scroll ring on the tablet are disabled.

The layers panel has by default its scroll bar activated instead of the Brushes panel, so this is an inconsistency for me. You can see on the attached file below.

Capture d'écran 2020-05-23 11.04.33.png

7 hours ago, madPXL said:

The layers panel has by default its scroll bar activated instead of the Brushes panel, so this is an inconsistency for me. You can see on the attached file below.

Okay that is weird.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.