You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Crash on switching from pages to index panel

Affinity publisher frequently (almost always) crashes when switching from the pages panel to the index panel.

Typical report of crash begins:

Process:               Affinity Publisher [47376]

Path:                  /Applications/Affinity Publisher.app/Contents/MacOS/Affinity Publisher

Identifier:            com.seriflabs.affinitypublisher

Version:               1.8.3 (1.8.3)

Code Type:             X86-64 (Native)

Parent Process:        ??? [1]

Responsible:           Affinity Publisher [47376]

User ID:               501

Date/Time:             2020-05-20 13:41:18.066 +0100

OS Version:            Mac OS X 10.15.4 (19E287)

Report Version:        12

• 1 month later...

My file has all images linked. I could only load file by first embedding images. This seems to cure problem. If you give me details I can send you file with linked images by usb. With linked images, switching left panel from page view to index view will result in a crash at least one in five. With embedded images I have tried 50 times and it has never crashed.

I hope this sheds some light on the problem.

I am using Affinity Publisher 1.8.3 on Mac OS Catalina 10.15.5.

My processor is 3.7 GHz 6 core intel core 16 and my machine has 8GB 2667 MHz DDR4

Affinity_Test_File.afpub

• Staff

Still no luck replicating it. Is the crash specific to this document? Can you attach a crash report please? You should find them in /Users/{username}/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports. How does your UI look like (grouping wise)? Can you attach a screen recording of a crash in action?

This is weird. Before sending the copy file to you I opened it , went from the pages tab to the index tab and it crashed immediately. So I sent it off with confidence. Following your reply I tried it again. It will not crash. I went to the original document. It will not crash. I have been working on this document over the last four months but cannot recall when it started crashing. It was doing it regularly however, frequently enough so I never switched from pages to index without saving first. When it crashed I might normally just loaded my saved copy though sometimes I used the system recovery back up. Of course it was retired with the pages tab showing and it always the let me switch to index without crashing that time. I have no document of comparable size, certainly not with an index anything like this one. Unfortunately for your investigation I am at the final proof read stage and so will not be working on this file very much.I have sent the latest crash report via your dropbox. Let me know if you need more - I have lots!