You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Importier - Exportieren von IDML, PDFs

why does the publisher refuse to export and save IDML, PDFs etc. that were created with InDesign and were then exported / saved accordingly as described? Thanks in advance for an info. Greetings, Ludwig

warum verweigert mir der Publisher den Export und sichern von IDML, PDF‘s etc., die mit InDesign erstellt wurden und dann ensprechend wie beschrieben exportiert/gesichert wurden? Danke vorab für eine Info. Gruß, Ludwig

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums, Ludwig.

First, it would have been more appropriate to post this in the Questions forum, not the Resources forum. Perhaps a moderator will see it and move it.

I think we'll need a better description than "refuse to export and save", but I'll mention that Publisher does not export IDML files at all. Publisher provides only import support for IDML files.

Can you provide more details of your workflow, and exactly where it fails, and exactly how the failure manifests (messages, etc.), please? Also, what version of Publisher, and what OS, do you have?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Hello walt.farell,

I have Publisher 1.8.3

Importing IDML into Publisher works, but the export is refused and the following message always appears: Error saving the document: / User / ludwigsonntag / Dokument / .... Ohne Titel.aftemplate Error saving. Access denied. (ACCESS), 

Ludwig

Thanks.

A couple of things you might try, to see if they work. If they do, that might help with diagnosis of the problem.

1. Exporting to a different directory, or with a simpler file name.
  2. Saving as a .afpub file.

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

1 hour ago, Ludwig Sonntag said:

Hi wal.farell,

Hello, exactly as you describe it, I export with .afpub file

No, you used File > Export as Template. That's why you see .aftemplate as the file extension.

If you want a .afpub file you use File > Save, not File > Export.

-- Walt
PC:

Windows 10 and the latest version of Indesign subscription.
I have not been able to import into Publisher an idml file with many images anchored to the text.
In Indesign, an image that is anchored to text has several possible options.
When I try to open a very consistent document with these features the program closes without error messages

49 minutes ago, feste said:

Windows 10 and the latest version of Indesign subscription.
I have not been able to import into Publisher an idml file with many images anchored to the text.
In Indesign, an image that is anchored to text has several possible options.
When I try to open a very consistent document with these features the program closes without error messages

I think you should create a new topic in the appropriate Bugs forum, feste. I don't think you have the same problem that Ludwig is describing.

-- Walt
PC:

Interesting. Thanks. Glad it's solved.

By the way, you seem to be posting using the "Code" function (the icon that looks like <> in the posting interface). It's better to just post normal text, usually :)

-- Walt
PC:

Also, I'm going to ask a moderator to move this to the Questions topic; when that happens you may lose your "Following" status for it.

-- Walt
PC:

Hello, I imported a completely different document from another job today with the result: Imported without problems - saved, saved under and exported! I think the file is broken - how and why I don't know, but I will probably not use the folder anymore.
Thanks for your help and patience.
Greetings, Ludwig

• 1 month later...

sorry Ludwig, for the great delay, but I had not received notification of response and I forgot.
The document I sent has been printed for several days. The document was not corrupt, nor broken.
The lines of the document included anchored vector objects: many objects, with shadows applied.
The document was not corrupt, but it was complex. I hope I can achieve the next one with Affinity, for this reason I tried to import it without apology though.