You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi

I am self publishing poetry and would like to be able to save it in either Kindle/epub format that works and keeps my formatting I do not have pics, other than the cover.

I have tried other conversion routes (free only) but nothing works.

Any ideas as to how I can convert from my affinity publisher work, or can Affinity include this option in the export options?

Thanks

Gillie

You first need to export your .afpub file as a .pdf file

If you  then google for "pdf to  epub conversion", this will bring up several sites which will do the conversion for you.

This Question should really be posted in the Affinity on Desktop Questions forum.  This forum is for members to post Resources that they have created, or sometimes pointers to external resources.

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

Actually there are a bunch of other third party tools, which will help or allow to create/convert/publish for epub/kindle formats etc.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

5 minutes ago, hema said:

Hi ,

I have created Epub from html.I need to insert all video format files like .avi,.flv,.wmv,.and etc.Did epub accept all formats video files or not? Please suggests if any ideas.

As Affinity applications do not support ePub formats, your question is better asked in one of the forums of software that creates ePubs.

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/24/2020 at 4:02 AM, v_kyr said:

Actually there are a bunch of other third party tools, which will help or allow to create/convert/publish for epub/kindle formats etc.

How about fixed layout graphical book? How to import Affinity Publisher format to these program? or have to export as pdf first, conversion good?

3 hours ago, Johnny Chin said:

How to import Affinity Publisher format to these program?

The Affinity apps format is proprietary, meaning here that no other third party apps will be able to make any use out of that, since they can't parse and interpret that closed format.

3 hours ago, Johnny Chin said:

or have to export as pdf first, conversion good?

Yes that would be probably the only way to go, reroute via PDF to ePub then with tools like Calibre. - Conversion quality will be probably mediocre here, you have to give it a try, in order to see if it fulfills your individual needs.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

15 hours ago, v_kyr said:

The Affinity apps format is proprietary, meaning here that no other third party apps will be able to make any use out of that, since they can't parse and interpret that closed format.

Yes that would be probably the only way to go, reroute via PDF to ePub then with tools like Calibre. - Conversion quality will be probably mediocre here, you have to give it a try, in order to see if it fulfills your individual needs.

or do you think this will work, export the full book in each element in their own pdf(image, vector and text) then place them into InDesign then export as ePub, do you think this will export the fixed layout ePub correctly and is this true ePub then?

The PDF format is a fixed format which when imported in epub creation software (I use Jutoh) remain fixed.

I just did a quick test by opening a correct PDF document into Jutoh. It needs Calibre to successfully import a PDF and its layout is still fixed. That means that your generated epub will still behave like a PDF on an ereader.

Honestly, I think Affinity Publisher is not a good choice for creating epubs/kindle ebooks. Also, it is not designed for that purpose.

A dedicated ebook creation program like Jutoh, does a far better job. Also another benefit of Jutoh is that it generates very clean epub/kindle files. It also warns you when it finds "direct" formatting in your document which should be avoided as much as possible.

Layout for ebooks is very much different from printed publications, even PDF. PDF is a fixed format which when used as a base for ebook files, ends in poor results. Converting your Publisher document to ebook will give you much more work and disappointing results.