You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How to get my painting visible in a room in a high quality being ready for instagram?

Dear Support Forum members,

I am a beginner and I am struggling again, so, I am asking for your support.

I have a jpeg picture of a painting which is in high quality (300DPI) being about 40MB. I have also jpeg pictures of living rooms that I got from I-stock being between 75KB and 200KB.

When I place my jpeg painting (40MB) in the picture of a living room (175kb) and then export it, the total size is about 750KB.

From far, when I open the picture on my Mac (called test 2), the picture looks ok but when I try to zoom, then, I see that the quality of the painting is quite poor.

Questions:

1- Is-there a way to keep a very good quality of the painting (in case people would zoom it) being put in the picture of the living room? (without having a too big file...).

2- As the size of Instagram is a special size (1350px*1080px or 1080px*1080px) whereas my pictures are totally different, is there an easy way to re-format them without loosing quality and keeping the full image? In picture 'test intagram', I had created a page being 1080*1350 and then placed my image. But it is not nice as there are big white areas above and below the image...

Thanks in advance for your support,

Greg.

Test 2.jpg

Test instagram.jpg

Instagram is an odd sort of fish with it’s peculiar image proportion requirements. I don’t think it was invented by or for image creators used to traditional image proportions! But, it is what it is.
The good news though, is that Instagram will accept W1350 x H1080 landscape format which will give you less dead space above and bellow a landscape proportioned image.
To get rid of the dead space entirely then you will have to compose, crop, distort or add-to you images so that they conform to Instagram's strange proportions.
As for image quality it’s the pixel count that matters not dpi (these images aren’t for printing) and 1350 x 1080 just isn’t a lot of pixels and there’s nothing we can do about that. 1350 x 1080px@72dpi will look the same as 1350 x 1080px@300dpi on a screen.

macOS 10.15.7  15" Macbook Pro, 2017  |  4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU  |  Radeon Pro 555 2GB GPU + Integrated Intel HD Graphics 630 1.536GB  |  16GB RAM  |  Wacom Intuos4 M