You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Invert shortcut command on iPad does not function

The command shortcut on Affinity Photo to invert a layer is not functioning. I looked in the histogram to see what action its taking when pressing cmd + I and the activity that it shows is that its “Italic: on” and when I perform the command again, it says “Italic: Off”. I figured that the Invert command key stroke was probably assigned incorrectly, so I checked the settings in the shortcuts menu and it was just as it should be stating that CMD + I is in fact the key stroke to invert. I tried once again after I went back to the project with no luck, then I uninstalled the program and re-installed it and nothing changed. Hope this description helps pin point the issue. 

• Staff

Hey Cofangels,

Thanks for letting us know. I don't have an iPad keyboard handy so I'll have to ask a colleague to check this. I'll let you know once I hear back from them. We just like to check bug reports before logging them with development. Should hopefully be an easy fix :)

Update - logged. Thanks again!  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
On 5/26/2020 at 8:06 AM, Chris B said:

Thanks Arthurgermano, this is logged. Welcome to the Affinity Forums :)

This is still a prevailing issue in build 1.9.1 of Affinity Photo on iPad. I tried removing all shortcuts that involve “I”, and then and only then the invert shortcut worked. However CMD+I shortcut by default does not work, no matter what.
This is very odd as other shortcuts (like basic CMD+A, CMD+D etc) work just as expected. 

Follow up on this issue :
After trying multiple commands, I found out that CMD+I toggles "Italic : on /off". I confirmed this with the font studio tab open. 

Shortcut for this italic option does not show up on the settings, so there's no way for me to un-assign CMD+I that's seemingly hardwired to italic option, at the moment. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/9/2021 at 4:08 PM, Michael Park said:

Follow up on this issue :
After trying multiple commands, I found out that CMD+I toggles "Italic : on /off". I confirmed this with the font studio tab open.

It makes sense for Cmd+i to toggle italics in the text context, but it should be context-sensitive so that it inverts in other contexts.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)