You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Weird vector Join glitch.

I have attached the .afdesign file. When merging the two left nodes (quick edit: it happens with the right most ones too, just lower on the leg):

Designer_uwtN4y6930.png.f554e25e85ca190ff879545d54df529a.png

you get the leg in the "after" artboard that has been deformed and has nodes in areas outside the vector region.

weird join glitch.afdesign

Mădălin Vlad
Graphic Designer

3 hours ago, m.vlad said:

I have attached the .afdesign file. When merging the two left nodes (quick edit: it happens with the right most ones too, just lower on the leg):

Designer_uwtN4y6930.png.f554e25e85ca190ff879545d54df529a.png

you get the leg in the "after" artboard that has been deformed and has nodes in areas outside the vector region.

weird join glitch.afdesign

How exactly did you do it? Can you share a recording of that?

I simply selected and joined the two left nodes and then selected close curve and the result is honky dory:

image.png.f3d00eb93e760457e82c26aa00173305.png 

EDIT: The issue in your result is weird stuff. Obviously some bug. If you reverse the curve the "non traditional nodes" 😄 disappear. Until you reverse it again.

• "The user interface is supposed to work for me - I am not supposed to work for the user interface."
  • Computer-, operating system- and software agnostic; I am a result oriented professional. Look for a fanboy somewhere else.
  • “When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger.” ― Confucius
  • Not an Affinity user og forum user anymore. The software continued to disappoint and not deliver.

1 minute ago, Jowday said:

How exactly did you do it? Can you share a recording of that?

I simply selected and joined the two left nodes and then selected close curve and the result is honky dory:

image.png.f3d00eb93e760457e82c26aa00173305.png 

EDIT: The issue in your result is weird stuff. Obviously some bug. If you reverse the curve the "non traditional nodes" 😄 disappear. Until you reverse it again.

Just selected the two red nodes on the left or right and pressed Join Curve. The vector is from a svg i exported from https://designs.ai/graphicmaker/illustration/243-public-transport-bicycle that i had to pass through inkscape for affinity to be able to open it (it gave a file type not compatible error before).

Mădălin Vlad
Graphic Designer

21 minutes ago, m.vlad said:

Just selected the two red nodes on the left or right and pressed Join Curve. The vector is from a svg i exported from https://designs.ai/graphicmaker/illustration/243-public-transport-bicycle that i had to pass through inkscape for affinity to be able to open it (it gave a file type not compatible error before).

I see one red node left and one to the right. Joining them doesn't result in an error:

join.gif

• "The user interface is supposed to work for me - I am not supposed to work for the user interface."
  • Computer-, operating system- and software agnostic; I am a result oriented professional. Look for a fanboy somewhere else.
  • “When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger.” ― Confucius
  • Not an Affinity user og forum user anymore. The software continued to disappoint and not deliver.

8 minutes ago, m.vlad said:

nice. i actually just ended up adding another shape between them and merging them via boolean ops.

NO WAIT: I was using the release version. DOH! In the current beta results are indeed buggy. Everything I did that worked above in the release version results in something totally different in the latest beta.

You better use the release version: Betas are dangerous stuff. 

@MEB Regression in 1.8.4.650 🥶

• Staff

Hi m.vlad,

1.8.4 made some changes to try and fix the Join Curves option and allow you to join two selected nodes together. Unfortunately this was one first things I spotted, and has been reopened and reported to development. It should be fixed in the next build!

Thanks for letting us know.

• 2 months later...
  • Staff

We have made fixes/improvements to this area (Join/Connect Selected Nodes) of the program in the latest release.

The fixes and how to update are described in these forum posts.

We would appreciate you checking that this issue has now been resolved for you.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.