You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

1. Created text (typed-it) in a text box.
  2. Selected all the text
  3. Using toolbar, clicked on colour square and changed it to grey while text selected
  4. Nothing.. stayed black.

As you can see in the screen capture the document set-up is CMYK

All the panels show the text as being grey.

Anyone help?

Update: I've created a circle and filled it with red.. it works as expected.

(btw: I've just had a similar thing with styling the table shown. Seems the panels don't recognise the actual state of what's on screen...)

Screen Shot 2020-05-18 at 17.56.33.png

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Words are crude implements, difficult to get perfect, easy to get tied in knots with, and often - usually - misunderstood, which is why 'tolarence' is the best word of all.

The word "professional" fits us all - amateur, semi-pro, beginner, advanced, middle, beyond it all, and on....., because professionals are tolerant.

Oh [ blue words ]... the text has a black outline obscuring the fill colour.

You only spot it if you happen to go in the 'Studio' panel !!! Very little visual of it. I suspect it'll trip a lot of newbies up.

(I'll leave this here rather than delete it incase a newbie is stumped by it like I was.)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Words are crude implements, difficult to get perfect, easy to get tied in knots with, and often - usually - misunderstood, which is why 'tolarence' is the best word of all.

The word "professional" fits us all - amateur, semi-pro, beginner, advanced, middle, beyond it all, and on....., because professionals are tolerant.

It is great that you found the solution to your problem and great that you have shared your solution.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.