You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Failed to open TIFF file

Hello:

My Mac is the latest 16" MacBook Pro with 24 gb of memory. The apps and system are the latest available.

I find this problem with all Affinity apps (I have Publisher, Photo, and Designer), but I've been working with Photo a lot recently.

I scanned a bunch of photos on my Epson V800 scanner and saved them as Tiff files. I opened a random number like 10 and they would be fine. I'd crop them, save them, and everything worked as expected. I'd go to File/Open and try another 10 or so. This might work once or twice until I'd get the "Failed to open Tiff file" error message. If I quit, then opened the next group of photos everything worked fine. So, it isn't a problem with the files or my permissions, but with a cache or something in Affinity. Because the problem would go away when I would relaunch. I find similar problems with Designer and Publisher. I'd be working with some files and then try to save them, and I'd get a message that I can't save them. I'd have to quit, open the documents up again to be able to save them. It's a bit annoying because I have to remember to save very often regardless of what I'm doing because I can't count on the app to save consistently.

Is this a problem that other people are having or is it just me?

Thanks,

Peter

Screen Shot 2020-05-08 at 9.37.02 AM.png

Yes, I have the Mac App Store version of Designer and Photo, but Publisher was purchased directly from Affinity.

I had a similar problem with Affinity, I think it might have been with pdfs that I had too many fonts, so I've paired them down drastically. According to Font Book, I now have 497 Fonts installed which includes all the variations. For example, I have AmsiPro as one font, but it has 46 variations. Most of the fonts are Apple fonts.