You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

When I zoom in or out I get some marching ants around the text, and if I save as jpeg the marching ants stay on the image I export. It must be a bug or how do I avoid this?  I captured screen of with and without for you to see

Capture1.PNG

Capture.PNG

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums.

I don't think those are what we call marching ants (which denote a pixel selection). It just lookls like pixelization when viewing the pixel version of a vector image.

Which Affinity application are you using? When you export, what is the export format you choose?

Can you give us a larger screenshot, including the Layers studio panel as well as that text object?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

1 minute ago, walt.farrell said:

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums.

I don't think those are what we call marching ants (which denote a pixel selection). It just lookls like pixellization when viewing the pixel version of a vector image.

Which Affinity application are you using? When you export, what is the export format you choose?

Can you give us a larger screenshot, including the Layers studio panel as well as that text object?

I am using Affinity Photo, latest update. I export in Jpeg. It happens when I zoom in or out, if I zoom to certain size the pixelization goes away.

Capture1.PNG

Thanks.

Two things:

1. Photo always uses a pixel-based display technology, as it is mainly intended for pixel editing. As such, even if you have a vector-based object, such as text, when you zoom in you can see pixel artifacts around the edges of the vector objects when the edges are not perfectly verrical or horizontal.
  2. JPG is a pixel-based (raster) format. Even vector objects can look pixelated when you zoom in to values bigger than 100%. I don't think there's anything that can be done about that. I think it's just the nature of raster image formats.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

But I can see this pixelization happen even when I zoom out to a very small size, and in Photoshop I have the exact same image and it does not do that. It happens only when I use zoom and if I zoom back or in it goes away even if the image is larger.

5 hours ago, GraviolaB17 said:

Have you tried this?

I have the same problem with a project which is only a 1 Background, 2 Text with a gradient, 3 a horizontal row with some glow/blur.

export as EPS or PDF and try work with that?

I created the project in Affinity, no import or export. And not sure why it happens only when I Zoom in to 100% but it does not happen if I zoom to 200%, it does not happen if it is under 100%.

• 4 weeks later...