You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Looking for customizable zoom presets

Hi team,

Are there any zoom presets in Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo that can be quickly accessed?

It would be very useful if I could define multiple zoom presets in my document. 
For example, if you're working on a landscape design, you might often switch between a total view and two or three detail views that you want to edit.
For example, leaves on a tree, then bushes further out and the clouds or the sun as the third point of interest.

Without any pre-settings, one has to manually zoom and move the viewport to the different places again and again.

If I could define some hotkeys for this or if there would be a panel with user-definable zoom presets for the document, then this would be helpful.
In a zoom preset the viewport, the zoom level and the rotation of the document could be saved.

Does something like this already exist in AD?

Markus

What you want are called Viewpoints, access them via the Navigator panel.

521783243_ScreenShot2020-05-18at7_01_17AM.png.901483fcdd90f9abc8c790e3dc92bf1a.png

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

9 minutes ago, Ger.Markus said:

If I could define some hotkeys for this

Look under the menu View > Zoom to see some existing keyboard shortcuts for zooming

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.