You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

"Check Spelling While Typing" is reactivating spontaneously

It's annoying to see a lot of obnoxious red squiggly lines upon restarting Affinity Designer iPad. First of all, the field name (in Text Studio, hamburger menu) is a misnomer - it's not just checking spelling while typing, it's "check spelling", period. Which is OK but should be renamed. The bug is that even if I clear it, it gets reactivated. For example, last time, I copied a document where I already disabled this annoyance, and I opened the copy, and the red squigglies were still there. While it sounds not too bad ("hey man just fix your typo already!") the artboard becomes an indecipherable red sea if one is using lorem ipsum or any equivalent mock text. 

• 1 year later...

Yeah, this is not that great. I have to deactivate the checkbox every time I open a new file.

Also it would be ok if it spell checked only when typing but it immediately puts the red squiggly lines when the file is opened and they stay there until I, again, uncheck the checkbox making it hard to view what the text actually looks like.