You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Studio panels don't re-size for change in screen resolution

So I posted another topic earlier, and then thought I was being obtuse, so I deleted it. Well, I was only being somewhat obtuse. My issue was that part of the Studio panels in Affinity Publisher (v1.8.3) were spilling off the screen (as in I could not access part of the window because it was too low on the screen).  I forgot that I had changed the screen resolution so that the text on my Mac (running macOS Catalina (10.15.4)) would be bigger. So I tried switching back to the smaller text (i.e., higher resolution) in order to re-size the "Text Frame" panel like I had done with the "Layers" panel, but I discovered I couldn't do that with the "Text Frame" panel. So that seems a little bit like a bug, but the other thing is, I think it would help to make the software more accessible if the program recognized the altered resolution on the computer and adjusted for it.

I agree to your report entirely, since it works for Apple apps *.

There is one thing which makes me wonder:

21 hours ago, JuBe said:

I forgot that I had changed the screen resolution so that the text on my Mac (running macOS Catalina (10.15.4)) would be bigger.

In case you don't want the entire appearance upscaled but text in the macOS finder only, you might want to set a larger text size for one specific ... or up to all finder windows via Cmd-J:

726407346_finderwindowcmd-joptions.jpg.6a9684591b571b716633386af81bdc44.jpg

* ... although Apple seems to be aware about possible issues and occasionally show a warning like this:
"Do you really want to switch to this scaled resolution? (...) some apps might not be entirely visible."

686034694_macOSprefscreenresolutionwarning.jpg.a1e1fa0da1f17fa32bb699486a1450f0.jpg

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

21 hours ago, JuBe said:

I forgot that I had changed the screen resolution

and I forgot to mention that a savable panel setting in Affinity would help, in various matters of variable screens. You might want to add your voice to an accordingly existing feature request or start a new one in https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/forum/65-feedback-for-affinity-publisher-on-desktop/

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

• 3 weeks later...