You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Interface requests

Going through the trial and some suggestions based on the previous image editing software I used.

1. Make tabs on tab bar smaller.  Currently one image takes up entire tab bar and it is divided evenly as more are added

2. add right-click context menu when clicking on a tab to add "Close All", "Close All But This", "Close Images To The Right", "Close Images To The Right" and "New Image"

3. When closing multiple images, allow the user to close all without saving

4. Default an image to 100% if it is smaller than the current workspace, otherwise zoom to fit.  Make this a user-selectable preference in settings.  So default zoom to 1:1 and Zoom to fit, or Zoom to fit

5. Why is export a two step process, any way to make it one step that we can assign a shortcut key too?  Same with the image resize dialog.  want to just type the dimensions and press enter.  currently have to press enter a second time to make the change.

6. To assist migrating users, have keyboard shortcut profiles to match their old software?  So if a user is coming from Photoshop, Corel PaintShop Pro or elsewhere, make it so users can easily taylor shortcuts to their muscle memory.

Still looking to find a few things like if there's a way to crop the image to selection and is there a way to paste from clipboard onto the same layer versus creating a new layer.

To further explain point 3.  I'm coming from Corel PaintShop Pro and when you right-click on an image tab and select Close All or Close Other Documents or try to close the application (file exit or X from the control box in the title bar) the following dialog appears asking to save changes to open documents.

image.png.91aa297fa15f387c16a3339e2b360182.png 

image.png.7e4efd90a4a0c12fef73691d0755769a.png

Also, a that title bar would really good in Affinity but I prefer how you give us extra work space by moving the menu bar up there.

You can also see how they have their tabs displayed in that image (point 1) and the tab context menu (point 2)

In Point 5 I'm talking about when you only use the keyboard.