You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Icon Preview corrupt

Ive noticed if I export an image, JPEG for example, the icon in finder is corrupt and usually only half of the preview image shows while the rest is grey. The file itself seems to be ok just the icon.

Its been doing this for a while but typically now I'm trying to get a screenshot it's not doing it but ive 'fudged' a screenshot so you can see what I mean.

Screenshot 2020-05-17 at 11.19.16.png

• 2 months later...

Nailed it. Think it might be due to the fact one layer is 'pixel' and one is 'image'. It doesn't always do it but I have yet to see it happen when both layers are rasterised. I work quick so what I did in the video is open an image. Open a document preset. Copy and paste image into new preset doc. Drag and drop second image (without rasterising) into doc then export as jpeg using shortcut. The result in 50% of cases is corrupt icon preview. If I move the icon to a new folder for example the preview seems to get fixed. It's not a massive issue just a little inconvenience.

Jpeg result also attached.

Untitled.jpg