You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Vector Brushe strokes different after exporting to different size

Hi,

Vector brush strokes "move" or give different results after exporting to higer or lower size.

Another problem is that exporting to lower size give a blured image.

The red strokesare pixels brushes, the black vector brushes.

2020-05-17_104901.thumb.png.ef372fed188e355229ecde543548157f.png

I was teting brushes, so the end of the strokes can be ugly, but they should export the same at different sizes.

Export original size:

Sans_titre0.thumb.png.665c67f239ec2f55dcebb7b1a28cc028.png

Export 1/2 size:

958218996_Sanstitre1smaller.png.52ffae2e7dd69c30ce990fddf387d7d3.png

Export *2 size (I couldn't upload the huge file, I reduced the file's size):

Sans_titre2bigger_lowRes.thumb.png.2f898f03b839a10c2a7bd6fa6845856b.png

Guessing this is because Affinity's "vector" brushes are actually raster images that follow a vector path, not true vector brushes.

2019 MacBook Pro 16” | Affinity Designer 2 | Affinity Photo 2 | Affinity Publisher 2

2018 iPad Pro 12.9” | Apple Pencil 2 | Affinity Designer for iPad 2 | Affinity Photo for iPad 2 | Affinity Publisher for iPad 2

Years with Affinity: 5 ❤️ https://www.instagram.com/cealcrest/

FEATURE WISH LIST  Vector Mesh Tool    Shape Builder Tool   🥚True Vector Brushes   🥚Vector Pattern Fill  🥚Studio Link in All Apps

APP WISH LIST  Publisher   🥚2D Animation/Video

• 1 month later...
  • Staff

Hi Wosven,

Sorry for the delay, with regards to exporting something at half the size of your source it will unfortunately result in less clarity in places. This will be especially common in areas that have a lot of thin lines switching between white and black like in your document - they will end up getting blended together, because there isn't enough pixels in that area to give the definition.

With that said though the long zig-zag line at the bottom is still considerably different, so I will pass that on, along with the issue with the brushes changing when exporting at 2x as well.

The lines shouldn't change, whatever the export settings. When exporting a square, it's a square at 1 or x2 or x3.

It should be the same with "vector" brushes. End of lines should stay the same, and lines too.
This wouldn't happen with real vector  brushes, I hope you'll add them soon.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.