You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

[1.8.3] Pasting fx results in receiving object's Appearance being reduced to lowest fill and lowest stroke

AD 1.8.3

macOS 10.13.6

An object can have a stack of multiple fills and strokes applied/edited in the Appearance panel.

Problem: Paste FX command results in the receiving object losing all except its lowest fill and lowest stroke.

What does Edit > Paste Style do?

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

55 minutes ago, carl123 said:

What does Edit > Paste Style do?

Paste Style should paste the combination of fills, strokes, opacity, blend mode, blend options and fx.

Paste FX should paste fx only.

Interesting, so you are saying that Paste FX should just add the FX to the object without affecting the current fills, strokes, opacity, blend mode & blend options.

If so, the easiest way I can achieve that is to first group the destination object and paste FX to the group but your probably right, looks like a bug.

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

4 minutes ago, carl123 said:

Interesting, so you are saying that Paste FX should just add the FX to the object without affecting the current fills, strokes, opacity, blend mode & blend options.

If so, the easiest way I can achieve that is to first group the destination object and paste FX to the group but your probably right, looks like a bug.

Yes, just paste the fx without affecting anything else. This is a bug report in a bugs forum, not a request for workarounds.

13 minutes ago, anon2 said:

This is a bug report in a bugs forum, not a request for workarounds

Ouch!

Well maybe someone else encountering this problem and searching the forum for a solution will be happy to find that there is a workaround until the bug is fixed.

1 hour ago, carl123 said:

Ouch!

Well maybe someone else encountering this problem and searching the forum for a solution will be happy to find that there is a workaround until the bug is fixed.

Sorry. Good point :)

• 5 weeks later...
  • Staff
25 minutes ago, lenogre said:

Copy/paste attributes is the best way for doing mistakes…

Each time, fx and thickness values are never the same and I don't no why.

Hi Lenogre,

This is a separate issue that we're aware off. It happens when one object has been scaled - the values applied then get a scaling factor applied to them making them no longer match up.