You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Very Rough, Very Early Publisher Photo Book Template

KC Honie

Here is a very early (still working on it rev. 1) 12x12 hardcover book template designed for presto photo.

It has 8 master pages and I am sure it is full of errors, but it is a start.

If anyone makes interesting changes or fixes please re-upload.

My next step is to add some interesting background colors and populate with images and send it to Presto Photo for a test run.  I have no idea if it works or not, use at your own risk!!!

I plan to create templates for other size books as well.

Please be gentle, I am very new to publisher...

12x12 Photobook r1.aftemplate

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017) Mac OS 13 | 4.2 GHz Quad Core Intel-Core i7 | 64GB Ram | Radeon Pro 580 8 GB

Adobe Photography (Lightroom and Photoshop) | Affinity Designer 2 | Affinity Photo 2 | Affinity Publisher 2 | Capture One Pro (for now) | Topaz Labs Photography Suite | Fast Raw Viewer | NeoFinder

I am getting conflicting information from Presto Photo on how their system wants the final pdf formatted.  They refuse to talk voice to iron out the details.  I told them that I planned on creating a template for each of their book sizes but needed more information.  They don't care.

SO

I am working with Blurb to get the templates correct for their system.  Even though they are an Adobe partner.

At a minimum to get the above template to work properly with Presto Photo it has to be broken down into individual pages.

Also bleed and trim are different for PP and Blurb so one template will not work for both.

As I get closer I will upload another variant.

KC

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017) Mac OS 13 | 4.2 GHz Quad Core Intel-Core i7 | 64GB Ram | Radeon Pro 580 8 GB

Adobe Photography (Lightroom and Photoshop) | Affinity Designer 2 | Affinity Photo 2 | Affinity Publisher 2 | Capture One Pro (for now) | Topaz Labs Photography Suite | Fast Raw Viewer | NeoFinder

• 3 years later...

I know this is an older thread. Have you continued on with these photobooks? I am helping my family reunion committee put together a family reunion book. It will have both photos and text. Previous books look like they were simply printed out and stapled together from the local print shop. Looking for something nicer. Any recommendations for templates and book publishers? I had used My Publisher before they folded up shop and would like something like they made. And right now I'm guessing 75 pages or so? TIA 

42 minutes ago, RRBitz said:

I know this is an older thread. Have you continued on with these photobooks? I am helping my family reunion committee put together a family reunion book. It will have both photos and text. Previous books look like they were simply printed out and stapled together from the local print shop. Looking for something nicer. Any recommendations for templates and book publishers? I had used My Publisher before they folded up shop and would like something like they made. And right now I'm guessing 75 pages or so? TIA 

Perhaps one of the search results will meet your expectations.

https://www.google.com/search?q=selfprinting+books&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | INTEL Arc A770 LE 16 GB  | 32 GB DDR4 3200MHz | Windows 11 Pro 23H2 (22631.3296)
AMD A10-9600P | dGPU R7 M340 (2 GB)  | 8 GB DDR4 2133 MHz | Windows 10 Home 22H2 (1945.3803) 

Affinity Suite V 2.4 & Beta 2.(latest)
Better translations with: https://www.deepl.com/translator  
Interested in a robust (selfhosted) PDF Solution? Have a look at Stirling PDF

Life is too short to have meaningless discussions!